Congrats to our Wendy !!!!!!!!!!! 1st Barbel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
Congrates to out Wendy....just had a email from another forum to say Wendy Perry has just bagged her first Barbel at just over 6lb from the River Dove....

Know how you feel Wendy...brilliant stuff and dont they hang on !!!!!

So l guess you will still be jump.gif just like me and eager for another whisker or two....

Cheers and congrats again Wendy... bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif

MOOK.....Founder of B.L.C.F.L Campaign....Ban license cheats for life..
Clean banks campaign

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Excellent news well done Wendy

Now i really am jealous

Mookster

Tell me if i'm wrong but to me the barbel i've had on the hook pull like the devil himself.

If you had a ten pound carp it would give the same amount of fight as a five pound barbus, am i wrong?? i think not!!

Had a chat with a regular tonight who fishes the section of Trent i'm normally on & he's well chuffed cos he's had a new PB of 13lb 5oz from an area called "the rough".

John (esox) will know the area i mean as he's sat on the same corner with me & he had some good pulls on his rod so it could have been this fish!! (just don't tell him cos i hate to see a grown man cry
)

Alan

Stewart Bloor

I don't have any scientific evidence for this, it's all anecdotal if you like, but in my experience a 6 lb barbel will give a more determined initial fight, than say a 10 lb fish.

Of course, once you hook the fish and can feel its weight you have a very good idea of the size of fish on the end. But I'm talking about the initial few moments of the strike. The smaller fish will often go off like an express train.

I was fishing a particular stretch of the Dove with Graham Marsden and Dave Colclough a year ago and I had a bite. It took off faster than Graham when it's his turn to buy the drinks
With Graham and Dave in hot pursuit carrying net and camera I finally got the fish some 60 metres or so downstream. It was a 6.

Yet, I've had fish much bigger and nver had to move from the peg.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam

Stewart,
You have E-Mail!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Stewart Bloor

Hello Trevor, yes just got it thanks. Will reply soon. Every cloud has a silver lining and at least you got the bites. Just need to land the fish - but will reply, so check your box later

darryl

congrat`s to wendy a first barbel of 6lb 8oz i had to catch loads before i had them that big,but i still remember my first as will wendy in years to come

work`s for them who can`t fish

Status
Not open for further replies.