confused

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can someone please explain how a person can complain that they are struggling to live, struggling to pay their bills, moaning that their pension doesn't cover the bills because "everything goes up but the pension doesn't", claims they can't really afford to heat their home making their wife ill, can't afford to eat properly making them both ill, struggling to afford the costs of running their car......and yet.... two days later they are talking about how they have just been and bought a Daiwa air pole but because they paid cash they got a 200 quid discount so instead of 4 grand it "only" cost them 3,800

I must be missing something, i balk at the thought of £50 for a sodding rod and i'll have to look closely at the pros and cons before buying it just in case we get an unexpected cost.... i think i need to become a pensioner!

rudd

Site Supporter
Can someone please explain how a person can complain that they are struggling to live, struggling to pay their bills, moaning that their pension doesn't cover the bills because "everything goes up but the pension doesn't", claims they can't really afford to heat their home making their wife ill, can't afford to eat properly making them both ill, struggling to afford the costs of running their car......and yet.... two days later they are talking about how they have just been and bought a Daiwa air pole but because they paid cash they got a 200 quid discount so instead of 4 grand it "only" cost them 3,800

I must be missing something, i balk at the thought of £50 for a sodding rod and i'll have to look closely at the pros and cons before buying it just in case we get an unexpected cost.... i think i need to become a pensioner!
Because once retired you have licence to whine about everything, do your shopping at weekends or lunchtime, go to the bank/post office at lunchtime, drive somewhere slowly during rush hour or luchtime, return unwanted goods at lunchtime, use the cash machine at lunchtime and spend the rest of your time waiting for lunchtime.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Funny as I just been behind a serial benefit lass in the shop. Her kids dressed up for Halloween ?? And whining on for toffee apples. She shouting at them. Your not getting one. You got loads of sweets from trick and treating now go wait outside. Then she asks for 20 king size fags. ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I used to pass a pub on my way back to our lock up unit. In summer there were always the same people sat there pints in hands. It made me wonder who'd got it right.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wish I could afford a £1000 pole let alone a £4 grand one. Not every pensioner is loaded. Mags and I have saved over the last few months and have just bought a new bed and mattress and new sofa.

It does grate to see some people who have never worked in a pub most nights, to buy the things we need I now only drink one day a week, a Sunday afternoon.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Just thinking about money, has anybody noticed how many of these small loan companies are going under ?

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Because once retired you have licence to whine about everything, do your shopping at weekends or lunchtime, go to the bank/post office at lunchtime, drive somewhere slowly during rush hour or luchtime, return unwanted goods at lunchtime, use the cash machine at lunchtime and spend the rest of your time waiting for lunchtime.
What you don't understand Rudd is that some pensioners don't get up till ten o-clock to save on the heating,by the time we've got the false teeth in and had a leisurely breakfast it is lunchtime,we have to go out then so we can be back in time for the re-runs of Porridge and Last of the Summer Wine etc. :D as for Trogg wanting to be a pensioner you must be joking,I'm 75 and would swap anyone in their 50's in a heartbeat,as I've said on here before,the only thing about old age is that it doesn't normally last all that long.:(

rudd

Site Supporter
I do understand that those in their 50's and younger will have serious pension shortfalls ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
In all honesty, I think the biggest part of that comes from jealousy.

Nail on Head, i pointed out to this couple who ok work admitted to maybe 300 quid a week on Booze Fags and Bingo, that after 3 month thats just short of 4k now if they cant find a decent holiday with that they aint Looking. They would rather be in the Grog house every night.

johng19

me@home.com
There a thousand of pensioners struggling to make ends meet these days. forced Into care and shelted homes, so as these so called care home can make millions by taking there homes. To sit a a high horse saying I dont understand, is what I don't understand.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Funny as I just been behind a serial benefit lass in the shop. Her kids dressed up for Halloween ?? And whining on for toffee apples. She shouting at them. Your not getting one. You got loads of sweets from trick and treating now go wait outside. Then she asks for 20 king size fags. ?

Aye, the same sort that moan they can only afford "a fortnight in spain" this year!!

In all honesty, I think the biggest part of that comes from jealousy.
No jealousy on my part mate, i honestly cannot understand the reason for spending that kind of money on a pole, i'm pretty sure the fish don't look up and say "oh that guys pole cost 4 grand we'll ignore the bait on the £30 one"

There a thousand of pensioners struggling to make ends meet these days. forced Into care and shelted homes, so as these so called care home can make millions by taking there homes. To sit a a high horse saying I dont understand, is what I don't understand.

Although i cannot see any link between someone complaining they are living in poverty as such and then boasting about paying cash for a 4k pole having any relation whatsoever to the costs of care homes, i'll try and answer.

I had to help a friend deal with all this when her mum died and her dad was beginning to show signs of dementia, she knew it wouldn't be long before he had to go into care and she dreaded the thought of having to clear out what had been the family home for more than 50 years...so i told her to get legal advice about arranging for her dad to gift the house to his grandkids, in less than 6 weeks he was living in his house which legally belonged to his two grandkids and, when he eventually went into care the following year the council couldn't touch his house as it didn't belong to him.

The care home doesn't get the money the council does and they then pay the fees to the care home, the council are the ones who get all the interest from the money, the council are the ones who haggle a deal to pay as little as possible to the care home and the council are the ones who tell the family they have to take it up with the carehome when things go wrong.