Condensing your tackle...

CarpCatcher86

I never said any particular method was better , you obviously don’t understand why match anglers take a lot of gear...I have never said it makes me better than anyone else, it’s just what I choose to do , but it obviously offends you or you wouldn’t of made the comments in the first place, So you stick to your deckchair and book, and I’ll stick with my mountain 😂😂
It doesn't offend me, I know why match anglers carry so much gear, I just don't see the point.
As I have said before, in my youth using a float rod and reel, a chair a net and a bit of bait, all the match anglers who turned up with a transit van full of gear, I beat them all. Sometimes by a little other times by a lot, either way I still beat them. That is why I don't see the point. It didn't stop all the comments along the lines of, I don't carry that much gear because I haven't got that much gear because I can't afford that much gear. Arse water if ever I heard it.
Not that it bothered me, I still won no matter what other anglers thought/said about me.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It doesn't offend me, I know why match anglers carry so much gear, I just don't see the point.
As I have said before, in my youth using a float rod and reel, a chair a net and a bit of bait, all the match anglers who turned up with a transit van full of gear, I beat them all. Sometimes by a little other times by a lot, either way I still beat them. That is why I don't see the point. It didn't stop all the comments along the lines of, I don't carry that much gear because I haven't got that much gear because I can't afford that much gear. Arse water if ever I heard it.
Not that it bothered me, I still won no matter what other anglers thought/said about me.
I’m surprised you gave up matchfishing 💁‍♂️You seemed to win everything, possibly could of fished for England even 👍times change 💁‍♂️I’ll fish a match with you if that’s a challenge you’ve thrown down 👍

Total

Site Supporter
I’m surprised you gave up matchfishing 💁‍♂️You seemed to win everything, possibly could of fished for England even 👍times change 💁‍♂️I’ll fish a match with you if that’s a challenge you’ve thrown down 👍
^^ :)....Can I be your bank runner please?:love:......Awwww, "Go on, go on, go on, go on etc etc...." :giggle::ROFLMAO:

baggy

Mark Saunders
I’m guessing the match anglers in your area weren’t much cop then, I think your arrogance to towards other posters doesn’t put you in a good light.

I’ve never met Chefster but he comes across as a top bloke, he offers good advice and definitely seems to know his stuff

matt

Site Supporter
Blimey, if other Anglers on matches were making comments like that, I’d pick another venue or group to fish with.

I’ve fished matches both club and opens for over 20 years and have never seen another angler scorned or looked down upon for the tackle they had!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It doesn't affect me, but I have to wonder why you feel the need to try and get a rise out of people.
To be honest I would love to fish against you in a match, even though I haven't fished in a match for a while.
It would be worth it to prove what a float and feeder rod along with a chair a net and a bit of bait can do against other anglers with a mountain of gear.
I entered and won many matches in my youth, sometimes using only a float rod and reel. It worked back then so I see no reson why it wouldn't work now.
Next you’ll be saying you won all them matches with a bamboo cane , a piece of cotton and a bent pin , and granny’s old tights for a net 👍

Total

Site Supporter
.......I’ve never met Chefster but he comes across as a top bloke, he offers good advice and definitely seems to know his stuff
^^ :)....Our Gazza's still a bit rough around the edges, but he's definitely showing progress in his fishing development!;):p:love::ROFLMAO:

CarpCatcher86

I’m guessing the match anglers in your area weren’t much cop then, I think your arrogance to towards other posters doesn’t put you in a good light.

I’ve never met Chefster but he comes across as a top bloke, he offers good advice and definitely seems to know his stuff
I am not the one thinking that match anglers in an area other than the one I live in aren't much cop. How is that for arrogance pal?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Made some major reductions today. I'll soon have up for sale Matrix deep tray with runners and transport lid that slides under the seat and shallow drawer unit that I have replaced with a winder tray for pole rigs that previously was on top of the deep tray unit. One huge 65L Carryall going as well. I take the same amount of fishing gear when I go, just use less to carry it in.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Made some major reductions today. I'll soon have up for sale Matrix deep tray with runners and transport lid that slides under the seat and shallow drawer unit that I have replaced with a winder tray for pole rigs that previously was on top of the deep tray unit. One huge 65L Carryall going as well. I take the same amount of fishing gear when I go, just use less to carry it in.
I only like adding to mine Kev 😂😂

CarpCatcher86

Blimey, if other Anglers on matches were making comments like that, I’d pick another venue or group to fish with.

I’ve fished matches both club and opens for over 20 years and have never seen another angler scorned or looked down upon for the tackle they had!
As I said mate it didn't and still doesn't bother me.
I think it was more a case of, once beaten by me in a match, some not all of the other match anglers had to find some way of trying to knock you down a peg or two. Usually ranting along the lines of, one of my poles costs as much as every item of gear you own, so who cares if you beat me in a match.
Something about water going under a bridge or running off a ducks back spring to mind :)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
As I said mate it didn't and still doesn't bother me.
I think it was more a case of, once beaten by me in a match, some not all of the other match anglers had to find some way of trying to knock you down a peg or two. Usually ranting along the lines of, one of my poles costs as much as every item of gear you own, so who cares if you beat me in a match.
Something about water going under a bridge or running off a ducks back spring to mind :)
One thing that really does niggle you though is people who take too much stuff 😂😂