Condensing your tackle...

CarpCatcher86

I knew this would descend in to a thread of silly comments.
The thread title is condensing your tackle, not carrying more.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I knew this would descend in to a thread of silly comments.
The thread title is condensing your tackle, not carrying more.
As I pointed out it's a concept that is alien to those of us that Match fish, try as we might if we think an item will give us the slightest edge it will be packed and taken.

If your background is match fishing regardless of what level you do it..............................YOU ARE DOOMED :devil-flip:
For the simple reason that if you don't take it, you will just beat yourself up for not taking it and thus convince yourself that you would have done immeasurably better if you had taken it with you. 🤣

It's the match anglers version of Catch 22. ;)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Buddy of mine asked me to lighten out his gear to summat approaching the size of my kit... I took 7 bags of pellet out of his carryall... 4 reels
And 3 bags of groundbait out of a Monster sized carryall... within a week he'd put it all back again... I mean... whats the point...? Much as I like my fishing nowadays, I take what I need for what I'm going to do... couple of rods, couple of reels, bit of bait, chair and a net... Sometimes I have a good day, sometimes not... but thats fishing... if match fishing's yer bag... watch those hernias lads... 🤣🤣🤣

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
When I match fished I had all my kit to hand and neat and tidy... box nice and level, rig roosts to hand, 3 nets on my footplate bar, side tray loaded with immediate baits and underneath for stuff I may need, landing net nicely set up on a spare arm to hand, flask and sarnies close but outta the way.... feeder rod nestling on the roost along with the waggler rod and 3 pole sections all plumbed up and ready to go... spare pole sections on carefully positioned rollers and pole sock on a spare arm...

by the time all that was set up there was only 30 mins left in the match...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CarpCatcher86

Nicely condensed 👍👍.How does this affect you ?? CF5D7B43-1D93-455A-86DA-681AA471287E.jpeg
It doesn't affect me, but I have to wonder why you feel the need to try and get a rise out of people.
To be honest I would love to fish against you in a match, even though I haven't fished in a match for a while.
It would be worth it to prove what a float and feeder rod along with a chair a net and a bit of bait can do against other anglers with a mountain of gear.
I entered and won many matches in my youth, sometimes using only a float rod and reel. It worked back then so I see no reson why it wouldn't work now.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It doesn't affect me, but I have to wonder why you feel the need to try and get a rise out of people.
To be honest I would love to fish against you in a match, even though I haven't fished in a match for a while.
It would be worth it to prove what a float and feeder rod along with a chair a net and a bit of bait can do against other anglers with a mountain of gear.
I entered and won many matches in my youth, sometimes using only a float rod and reel. It worked back then so I see no reson why it wouldn't work now.
I’ll fish a match against you mate 👍and I’ll fish rod and reel 👍and the reason I asked how it affected you was you were quite happy to make it your business and criticise people for taking what is in your opinion too much 👍

CarpCatcher86

I’ll fish a match against you mate 👍and I’ll fish rod and reel 👍and the reason I asked how it affected you was you were quite happy to make it your business and criticise people for taking what is in your opinion too much 👍
Why would you agree to fish a match against me with a rod and reel instead of the mountain of gear that you think is better?
Are you really going to argue with my opinion?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Why would you agree to fish a match against me with a rod and reel instead of the mountain of gear that you think is better?
Are you really going to argue with my opinion?
I never said any particular method was better , you obviously don’t understand why match anglers take a lot of gear...I have never said it makes me better than anyone else, it’s just what I choose to do , but it obviously offends you or you wouldn’t of made the comments in the first place, So you stick to your deckchair and book, and I’ll stick with my mountain 😂😂