Condensing your tackle...

Roger_feederer

Site Supporter
Normally just fish places where I am near my car so gears not a problem but love nowt better than fishing for wild brown trout. 7ft spinning rod. 1 spare 3bb float. Tub of split shot. 1 pack of size 16 hooks. Forceps, scissors and tub of worms. Amazing times just walking a stream. Few casts in each pool. Catching a wild trout is a bonus.
Red hot summer nights about 6-7-8 oclock ahhhh roll on june/july. I have a similar setup but tiny artificial lures for perch since the Rochdale canal is 2 minutes away.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Red hot summer nights about 6-7-8 oclock ahhhh roll on june/july. I have a similar setup but tiny artificial lures for perch since the Rochdale canal is 2 minutes away.
Similar but not height of summer. Rod and a few lures for pike. Folding net and unhooking equipment. 1 hr before dark only.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Since coming back to fishing regularly after a few years in the wilderness and investing in a Preston Absolute36 box my kit has grown exponentially. For years I used a simple Diawa black seat box with Octoplus legs, a large Diawa accessory bag containing bait, lunch and various fixtures and fittings, strapped to my old pull along 2 wheeled trolley plus rod holdall with a 13m pole, 2 feeder and 2 float rods plus brolly, landing net pole and various bank sticks. Now I have upgraded the trolley to a Map 4 wheeled juggernaut to carry the Absolute box, hooded and rear side trays and nets in a large net bag, bump bar, 2 pole rollers , Diawa accessory bag, Bait bag and bucket, upgraded the pole to a 16m MTX3 and with its top kits and extensions it has a holdall of its own, plus I take a 4 tube Maver holdall with 4 rods , brolly etc. My Skoda Karoq is stuffed to the gunnels and I still worry I might have forgotten something. Just think how much would take if I fished matches :cool:

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Modern bait has added to the weight we carry too. Back in the old days I'd have a couple of bags of groundbait, a 2 pint box of maggots, maybe a pint of casters and a tin of sweetcorn. And maybe some hemp and worms and a few slices of bread.Now you have all that, but have pellets in 2, 4, 6, and 8mm, expanders with accompanying pump. Some soft hooker pellets. Some wafters. A couple of different flavoured bottles of pellet soak. And various bottles of attractor glugs or liquids. Now I know that you can leave some of it at home if you know the venue, but looking at the size of bait bags these days, and from seeing some anglers on Youtube showing us the contents of their bait bags, then I think a great many, carry the lot. I used to carry all my bait for the day in a small rucksack on my back, and have room for my sarnie box.

JayBee

Site Supporter

62tucker

Site Supporter
Can’t believe nobody bid for this. Or did they. 🧐. I got a eBay reminder after it was posted on here the other week.
C5871D51-DFF6-4815-A9C8-FB5DB5DF3FE6.jpg

Ben Field

I've tried cutting down and experimenting a lot over the past 5 years or so. I even have a couple of what I call my retro setups, with various Boss boxes involved in a attempt to always carry as little as possible (for me, that's a seatbox, rod bag and net bag - the three-item, carry able dream). Bottom line is, it works, but it's a mega, mega hassle if you fish different types of venue. Every night-before is a mission as you try to think about what to take and what not - switching bits between boxes, deciding which accessories to take etc - all in a pointless attempt to stick to my own self-inflicted rule of being ultra efficient. I've settled now on what I consider a minimal-pro setup, with all of my main match kit, just refined to the essentials that I can take almost anywhere. My feeder gear is separate, as are my pole rollers etc. If I have to take 3 rod bags, so be it. It's an extra 10 minutes of faff getting the car unloaded, but for the time and wasted thought it saves, well worth it. With pole and feeder (and waggler) gear effectively split I just take what I need but don't need to spend so much time. Even if I throw it all in the car and then just see where I draw, there's no harm done. I just don't take it all to the bank.

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Angling direct had 6ft Nash Scopes for £40 each a while ago. Pack down tiny so if I'm going really light I can get everything in a back pack.