concert for Diana at wembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris w

pc problem solver
did you watch this event if you did what did you think i thought some of the acts were good
but to be honest with you if that was 63000 people then the F.A have to make sure they sell out each time or they will be playing in what looks like an empty stadium

Benji

Account Locked
Sorry, saw a few minutes, and just had to turn it over. She was not a saint or a miracle worker, she had two arms, two legs and a head, the same as the rest of us, she died in a terrible car accident, and thats it, but to switch on and be faced with some medical expert telling us that her visits did more good than medicine had me thinking utter twaddle. When I did click back to see if someone was on stage there was two people Sienna Millar I think and some other guy no idea who, waffling on, sorry but I thought it was a concert, when I finally caught some music, the crowd was lifeless and the atmosphere seemed more like a morque.

gibby

Agree with Benji. She was a young Mum who was killed in a car driven by a drunk, leaving two kids as orphans. Yes, its sad, but I didn't know her and neither did the millions of people who 'mourned' her death.

Whole Diana thing is sentimental cobblers.

What's happened to us Brits?

Bat lady

I agree it is sad but it as been going on for 10 years now.
My brother died of cancer aged 30 and he left 2 liitle sons 3 and 5 and they were equally upset but they are not in the news all the time no one cares only my family and I am sure there are loads of you out there with similar stories but we don't get concerts at Wembley dedicated to our loved ones

Ady

Formerly Adymon
What she did was considered irrational by the monarch but was appreciated by the public, working for certain controversial charities.

There are people in the uk that day in day out contribute more and help out in every way these can, these people recieve little, if any respect by others, its because she was a Royal that people go on.

The concert was good, i loved SuperTramp and P.Diddy was good, but the whole "We Miss You Diana" chanting made me thinking..hang on...90% of these people didnt know her at all, knew little of her, or are in it for the bands only, which is fair enough.

And also, thanking Will and Harry solely for the concert micked me off, id like to know what hard work they put in besides saying "i want him, them, and her"

Enigma

Armchair Carper
I thought it was ok...nothing out of this world though. However to the end what the hell was Ricky Gervis thinking....talk about a total rubbish performance did he learn that or just thought stuff em and played it by ear......It made me cringe

TheHat

I seem to be the only person on here who thinks it was fabulous!

Diana made a positive impact on me for all sorts of reasons. You don't have to meet someone to realise how great they were. I've never met Nelson Mandela but I can appreciate what he means to the people of his country and moreover, to the rest of the world for what he represents.

Jen

Made in Yorkshire
Thought it was okay, made a change from the usual Sunday night rubbish. Had to laugh at Tom Jones with his dyed hair and EYEBROWS [:D][:D][:D]

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Enigma

I thought it was ok...nothing out of this world though. However to the end what the hell was Ricky Gervis thinking....talk about a total rubbish performance did he learn that or just thought stuff em and played it by ear......It made me cringe

Enjoyed the last 2 hours of the show, Ricky Gervis did spoil the whole thing (even if there was a technical hitch).

Columbo

Just heard the viewing figures beat the original Live Aid concert.

I didnt watch it, I didnt have much time for her to be honest, ooh she touched diseased people in hospitals, big deal Docors and Nurses all over the world do that everyday and never get a mention.

thetraveller

The bit at the end with Nelson Mandela was funny. Reminded me of Davros off Dr. Who!! lol

crankfrank

Locked Account
When she died I was working as an engineer for a fruit machine company. I was prepping up a coin op arcade machine when I started playing with the settings and I changed the welcome note to (RIP Diana Princess of tarts, may she rest in pieces) it gave the lads at the depot a few laughs. I thought I had scrubbed it off. About a month later Derek the manager called me up to the office to say that he had had East Midlands airport on the phone saying they had had a number of complaints about a message displaying on a virtua fighter machine in the arcade bit at the airport. Good job Derek had a sense of humour

Last edited:

Don

If she had lived and Married Dodi as she was apparently planning to do the same people who worship her as if she were a martyred saint would have vilified her and made her life unliveable in the UK as Dodi was a Muslim. Further had this happened shed have been hard put to have got a drunken busker to play any kind of concert praising her life. Its just weird how shes been elevated to Mother Theresa status.

Ok she had a raw deal from Charles and her lads look to me like they had two different fathers one of them looking like Charles the other like a certain Major Hewitt but she enjoyed a life of privilege and screwed it up by putting her life in the hands of a drunk French driver and as for not wearing a seatbelt she should have had more sense.

I really do wish her after death admirers would lest her "Rest in Peace"

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Columbo

I didnt watch it, I didnt have much time for her to be honest, ooh she touched diseased people in hospitals, big deal Docors and Nurses all over the world do that everyday and never get a mention.

The Princess Royal carried out a lot more work for charity etc than Diana ever did but not in front of the cameras.

2ts

Site Supporter
just another "bandwagon" for so called artists to jump on,all she was to me was a woman who thought that her life would be a bed of roses, but found out that things can go wrong, hence so many women who empathise with her.
a very sad ending, but a shining beacon? i think not.
regards 2ts

vwt4

Looked like the perfect oppertunity for a bunch of hooray henrys to have a free party,Rod didnt seem to care less,although me and my mrs are wondering if rods blonde sax player was his mrs.And when is the band wagon for that american wannabe, cr*p, prancing about wailing sh8TE jOSS Stone gonna end.

shimmyfish

Don,
and screwed it up by putting her life in the hands of a drunk French driver and as for not wearing a seatbelt she should have had more sense.

Quite agree with you there, had she been wearing a seatbelt she might have stood a chance.
Wasn't really thinking of her most important role at that point, which was being a mother, was she?
As for the concert itself, thought it was rubbish but can't fault two young men who organised a tribute for their mother in the way they saw fit, no matter who they are.
Nowhere near as good as a George Michael concert though![:D][:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.