computer info req'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
I was thinking of buying one these cordless keyboards & mouse, they've got some in the argos book the logitech one i fancy at 99.95 do you know if they are any good or is there better on the market out there. I've got a lot of overtime coming in the new year &didn't want just fritter it away, so thought i wouldn't mind myself one of those.[;)]

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Simon R

Site Supporter
Get some rechargable batteries Larry - dunno bout the keyboard but the mouse eats em for breakfast [:p]

I got shot of mine cos I was sick of changing them all the time

Simon

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Larry,

I wouldn't go for a wireless keyboard as you won't get any benefit out of one as the cable on most boards rarely gets in the way and wireless ones aren't as accurate as wired ones.
A wireless mouse is a different ball game though. I use am A4 Tech (Click Here) wireless mouse that takes 2xAAA batteries.
These last me a couple of months at a time and it gets used a lot [8D]. The biggest advantage of one is that you don't get the wire in the way all the time.
If you really want to be fancy, get the optical one then you won't even need a mat [:D]

Just make sure when you are loking that you try one for size. It sounds daft but there are some mice out there that are too big for the palm of your hand and you will not feel comfortable with it.

Dave

Lid

Larry

I've got the Logitech one I think you've seen and both the keyboard and the (optical) mouse are brilliant and the normal duracell batteries I use last ages. Idobn't hev ny trobl with kebord acructy ifer!

The biggest problem I have is my PC is 4 years old and only has 2 USB ports which is the best way to connect the receiver. My PC seems to go haywire if I plug a 4 port USB hub into it. For this reason I leave a corded mouse plugged into the original mouse socket for emergencies.

Last edited:

Beebs

I had a Logitech cordless mouse when I bought my PC a year and a half ago and have changed the batteries twice (Duracell). I have to admit, I wouldn't go back to having a corded mouse after using this one, the freedom you get with them are really good. As for the keyboard, I don't move it around much, so I can't see the need for a cordless one.

Lid

I forgot to mention why I have the cordless keyboard. I quite often have to fire up a laptop to do support work from home (yes I am one of those sorry IT geeks!). I haven't got much desk space and so I just move my cordless keyboard out the way and stick the laptop in its place. I spose if you don't need to move the keyboard, then u may as well save your money.

We don't play computer games (yet), but I reckon it might be useful to move the keyboard and have the games console in its place?

Leighton

Larry

Lazarus
Thank's for info i'll look into it all Les if it had the Shimano Logo on i'd know it was top notch & no need to ask for advice on which to buy.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

AJAXER

HI LARRY
You can get a wireless keyboard/wireless
opical mouse set manufactured by TRUST
Have a look on www.trust.com,for about
I have had a set for 3 months and haven,t
changed baterries yet,also mouse uses
rechargeable batteries and a cable for this
is included.
Happy shopping

Larry