Computer help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince G

Hop Along
Whenever I open a 2nd window when viewing the internet the original window closes. This has only just started happening and I've no idea why. Any clues as to what is causing it.?

JezzerP

A Google search came up with this:

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab. Scroll down to and uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts," click OK.

If that doesn't help, the Yahoo toolbar has been known to cause the problem. If you have it installed, uninstall it and see if that fixes it.

See if that helps any [:)]

Last edited:

Lid

I find Firefox cannot handle the two main forum sites I use!

Medussa

Originally posted by Lid

I find Firefox cannot handle the two main forum sites I use!

I have no problem, what sites are you looking at.

Lid

I've forgotten the detail now, but one was this site. The propblem was pages not displaying properly, particularly with option buttons being corrupted.

Last edited:

Medussa

Originally posted by Lid

I've forgotten the detail now, but one was this site. The propblem was pages not displaying properly, particularly with option buttons being corrupted.

Works fine on mine

Lid

You're right, it seems OK now. However FF appears a bit slow on my PC now! Please can someone remind me how to apply the go faster stripes for Firefox.

Vince G

Hop Along
I think you are correct about the Yahoo toolbar BUT as I use BT as my internet provider they package the toolbar in the base components and you can't delete it. Any suggestions?

Vince G

Hop Along
I've managed to answer my own question.

On the toolbar there is a pencil symbol. When clicking this it came up with an option to uninstall.

Simple really. [:I][:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.