computer help needed. peed off :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance

member for life
i put a memory stick in and started editing a document that wa on there. i then took the memory stick out without saving the work. about 30 mins later it said somthing like "the device has been removed, windows wil save your work then close the programe"

well it certainly closed the document... but where the "$!$% did it save it? I had done about two pages taking information from various books and websited about nirogen, oxygen, ph of water and the efects it has on fish ect for my environmental science coursework.

im not a happy chappy. [V][xx(][:(!][:(][}:)]

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
1) Use the file search facility

2) Check where your word processing software saves documents by default.

3) Checkin your my documents folder.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
If you are using Word, click on the File menu and toward the bottom you'll find a list of documents recently worked upon. That may go to the saved version that was made automatically, but it might look for the memory stick. Worth checking.

chris w

pc problem solver
simple soloution click the star button scroll up to document then look at the documents recently viewed

lance

member for life
no luck im afraid. if i go to the recently viewed documents then it says it cant find it (until i put the memory stick in) because i didnt save it on my computer...although word said it would save it.

breadflake

Site Supporter
you could try a search for .wbk files

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T1247_Specifying_a_Location_To_Save_Automatic_Backup_Files.html

Status
Not open for further replies.