Complete Newbie

Deejay8

Site Supporter
We were at the pond for 9 hours. I caught 1 within the first 20 minutes and the second in the last hour.. definitely got some research on setting up floats properly but overall, it was an awesome day 😁
IMG_20220508_123059.jpg
Nice fish those. Well done.

Wkd1

Well, I've definitely caught the bug. I've been awake since 5am researching what I need to do to improve my set up. 😅😅😅 I can't wait to go again!! ðŸĪŠðŸĪŠðŸ˜‚

Rob F

Site Supporter
Welcome to the drowners!

Home of many a waterside wise man and woman. I've picked up a lot on here since joining, some of it angling related! But also DIY, culinary, custom footwear and other fashion tips, automotive, ornithological, to name but a few.

Plenty of other places to look for advice on the old tinterweb, but I would recommend a copy of the Haynes Manual of Coarse Fishing. Perfect for a beginner or a returnee to the sport. Can be found new or second hand on e-bay.

Wkd1

Welcome to the drowners!

Home of many a waterside wise man and woman. I've picked up a lot on here since joining, some of it angling related! But also DIY, culinary, custom footwear and other fashion tips, automotive, ornithological, to name but a few.

Plenty of other places to look for advice on the old tinterweb, but I would recommend a copy of the Haynes Manual of Coarse Fishing. Perfect for a beginner or a returnee to the sport. Can be found new or second hand on e-bay.
Brilliant, thank you, I will go have a look for that 😁

SeanB

Site Supporter
Best thing is to keep it as simple as possible to start with and just enjoy being out by the water. Success will come.

Wkd1

Thanks for that @Godber, that was really helpful. 🙂

Yeah @SeanB that's my plan, I'm just trying to understand more about what I'm doing. My mum was the lead in yesterday's session as she used to fish a lot with her partner but he used to set the floats and weights for her so she only had a rough idea.. now I understand how it works better so next time out should run a little smoother 🙂

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I am not in the least bit sexist. I just hope your fishing adventures do not interfere with your washing up duties.
I can personally vouch for the fact that washing up never interferes with fishing. I have been Head Washer Up since retiring in 2008 and still managed to get fishing twice a week most weeks.

Wkd1

I am not in the least bit sexist. I just hope your fishing adventures do not interfere with your washing up duties.
That is entirely why I have a dishwasher and a slow cooker so that I can leave the kitchen to its own devices to have as many adventures as my heart desires 😁

Total

Site Supporter
That is entirely why I have a dishwasher and a slow cooker so that I can leave the kitchen to its own devices to have as many adventures as my heart desires 😁
Please don't take anything to heart that our Mr Pompous Git says.....He's only teed off 'cos his Mrs makes him do all the jobs indoors....:whistle:;):ROFLMAO:

Wkd1

Please don't take anything to heart that our Mr Pompous Git says.....He's only teed of 'cos his Mrs makes him do all the jobs indoors....:whistle:;):ROFLMAO:
I'm not overly sensitive.. I'm a keen DIYer and budding fisherwoman. I've got more power tools than the average guy but I can bake too ðŸĪŠ 😂

Total

Site Supporter
I'm not overly sensitive.. I'm a keen DIYer and budding fisherwoman. I've got more power tools than the average guy but I can bake too ðŸĪŠ 😂
^^ That's good to read....:).......Now get back in that kitchen! LMAO;):p:ROFLMAO:

Wkd1

^^ That's good to read....:).......Now get back in that kitchen! LMAO;):p:ROFLMAO:
Being the only adult and having 2 teens that seem to be allergic to the kitchen I still spend some time in there.. I can't even get my lad to make me a cuppa tonight 🙄🙄😂

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Well, I've definitely caught the bug. I've been awake since 5am researching what I need to do to improve my set up. 😅😅😅 I can't wait to go again!! ðŸĪŠðŸĪŠðŸ˜‚

Wait until you discover Barbel fishing and some of the mighty rivers :devilish:

Total

Site Supporter
Being the only adult and having 2 teens that seem to be allergic to the kitchen I still spend some time in there.. I can't even get my lad to make me a cuppa tonight 🙄🙄😂
Just tell 'em you're downing tools and not doing anything for the both of them until they pull their finger out and pull their weight around your gaff....(y).....Then blame the above on Mr PG...:p:ROFLMAO: