Competition: Win a days guided barbel fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here is your chance to win a Guided Barbel Fishing day near Worcester with Professional Barbel guide Neil Sarkar, also known as `astounded coach'.

Neil is a full-time angling guide and is fully sponsored by Anchor Tackle, a qualified JAGB Level 2 angling coach who has been fishing the River Teme for 30 years.
He knows the river intimately and you only have to look at his posts on the `Species Specific' area on `the Beginners Guide to Barbel Fishing' to realise he knows his stuff where barbel are concerned.

The guided days normally sell at 135 per person and include everything from barbel location to the latest rigs, baits and methods but Neil has offered one as a prize to Maggotdrowners members *.

To take your chance to win just PM astounded coach with your full details and your guess as to the weight of this fish. ~~>>

Datafile11.jpg

Competition runs until 31st July when the lucky winner will be announced
Good luck

(Please note: The competition is only open to members of Maggotdrowning.com prior to the published date and time of this post)
* - The Prize does not include travel expenses to/from the venue
The winner is responsible for making their own travel arrangements

In the event of there being a tie, the winner will be drawn from a hat

Astounded Coach

Just to clarify
In order to enter the competition your full name and address details are required.
Good luck
Neil

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the tip Neil, I must admit I thought it looked bigger than 5lb though[;)]

p.s. every time i try and drive my car the doors fall off then the wheels come undone. Eventually it comes apart with a big bang and a huge puff of smoke. Have you got any reason why?

Last edited:

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
Great idea this Neil, I hope you get the response it deserves.

Mart123Blue I think you will find it more around the 21lb mark[;)]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Great comp!

What a nice fella for donating the prize!

And the guy in the green T shirt seems a generous sort too! lol

The Big Fella

Oh yes Ott! I reckon he will guarantee it will include flights ;-)

However I guarantee your ticket may not be the first one out the hat if you get my drift.....hehehehe[:D][:D][:D][8D]

You stick to hooking yabbies or whatever they called and catching them bass and perchy type fishes..[;)]

ott

yes, it seems i shall.when im not poor,i shall fly over and haunt the ponds and rivers and outfish you all!hahahahahaha

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Originally posted by ott

yes, it seems i shall.when im not poor,i shall fly over and haunt the ponds and rivers and outfish you all!hahahahahaha

"Tickling" doesnt work over here OTT lol!!And dont forget....we put em back! lol(Joking)[:I][:D]

If you ever do get over here, youre welcome to come with me to show me how its done![;)]

chris w

pc problem solver
neil would this prize include the rods to use aswell as i like most have no river gear what so ever

Astounded Coach

No unfortunately not, just th bait and terminal tackle items.
A light carp rod (up to about 2lb TC) is fine or there are a multitude of designated barbel rods from about 30 these days

Astounded Coach

For the record Newie I don't fish and I'll make sure you catch!
Just keep reading !![;)]
Only 7 days to go and nobody's got it yet!!!!..a couple are close and several are WAY out!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
That ll be me out of the running then lol...Ive always been cr*p at guessing the weight, I once swore blind Id got a half pound Gudgeon...then found out it was a VERY small barbel...Doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.