Compartmental Box for feeders etc

geofflukins

Has anyone on here found a nice plastic, water tight box with compartments big enough to put feeders of different sizes in. I don’t want to buy ones from the fishing fraternity that have a brand name on and charge you 10 times as much. Always difficult to tell on flea bay just how big the compartments are so I’m hopefully relying on members advice as to which ones are big enough. Thanks.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Take a walk into your local branch of Hobbycraft... they have loads of segmented boxes for not a lot of money

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I just use two, clear plastic ones from b n m,, waterproof n solid,, one for heavy feeders 40/80gram,, the other 10/35 gram,, I just take two of each size I use,, the bigger the box the more you’ll want to fill it, n have to carry it

PAB

Site Supporter
why water proof don't you want your feeders to get wet :ROFLMAO: I found the boxes I was keeping my gear in weighed more than the gear so now I use a clear plastic bags and chuck them in my box it has caused no damage to my feeders or leads i can find what i want and i get a new bag every time i have my sarneys.

Freesolo82

I use a EVA see through zip case and keep it inside my carryall, they are light, easy to clean and have 100's or uses. handy for me :)

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
May I point the Honourable Member in the direction of ---https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/lidls-middle-aisle.215104/
:)

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Go to your local sweetie shop and ask if they have any of the plastic boxes that the loose sweets come in. I got some of the long narrow ones with the hinged lid. Not segmented but light, semi waterproof & free.

looksfishy

I bought a couple of fairly big Fox ones a few years ago. I think they are for keeping lures in. They work quite well.

I've got all of my commercial feeders in a small clear container.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Most of mine (barring the big three sided method feeders which have a tub of their own) reside in this Stanley FatMax box - which stays at home.

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/img_7451-jpg.20063/

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/img_7453-jpg.20064/

The plan should be to remove the feeders I need for a particular day - method, cage, distance etc etc - put them in my box and then put them back in here afterwards.
What actually happens is they reside in my seat box until I can't shut the drawer anymore :oops: :oops:

Simon

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
From Facebook tonight.....................

No photo description available.

The Guru Fusion Feeder Box is nearly here! Versatile system to suit all anglers, handy accessory cases too! Finally a box designed for feeders not screws.
Should be in the shops for December.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
And someone suggested they should sell it like that, fully loaded.... no I’m not tight, but that wouldn’t be cheap!

dubdog

Not much between them would say the Stanley looks better quality. Will be plenty of Muppet's getting ripped off buying the orange.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I think the FatMax was about £12 when I bought it, although I've had it a while.
Those Guru boxes look to be smaller - judging by the one sat on the sidetray anyway - but I bet they'll be about three times the price.

Simon

adriang

Site Supporter
Most of mine (barring the big three sided method feeders which have a tub of their own) reside in this Stanley FatMax box - which stays at home.

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/img_7451-jpg.20063/

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/img_7453-jpg.20064/

The plan should be to remove the feeders I need for a particular day - method, cage, distance etc etc - put them in my box and then put them back in here afterwards.
What actually happens is they reside in my seat box until I can't shut the drawer anymore :oops: :oops:

Simon
This Fatmax one, with the removable compartments is currently on special at ScrewFix for £14.99. Over £20 elsewhere from what I saw with a quick check..

Darran77

I took Simons advice and purchased the Fat Max from screwfix, when it was on offer. It easily held all my feeders. I also now only take one of the inserts with feeders I need For the day.

Only down side is, it takes a lot of feeders to fill it..

sjmclean

The Guru one is definetly modeled on the one Simon R posted, if you look back most of their anglers used that one before the guru one started being tested. Heavens knows how much the guru one will cost and what compartments will be standard and what will need cost.

I'm guessing £49.99 for the case and £4.99 to £10.99 for the compartments.

adriang

Site Supporter
Adding this this one.... I bought the 'larger sized' Stanley Fatmax, and to be honest, it's larger than I expected, not sure if I'm going to use it for fishing or tools.

I've found this deal at Halfords, which is for the smaller (junior) version. It doesn't have the removable trays, but it's more carryall/rucksack sized. A bargain for £12 for 3 of them. Sortmaster Junior Bonus Triple Pack