Commercial fisheries in winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I fish a club water that holds a good stock of carp many of them now reaching double figures, it also has tench, bream, perch and roach. What would the best tactics be, if i was to hope for a good day? Its only about 1-2 acres in size and has no visible features apart from a few reeds around the outside. Any suggestions would be apreciated[;)]

cosmicgunge

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi gran,

A small pond such as that would need a bit of knowledge of the features of the pond itself. It would benefit you if you spent half a day wandering around it with a float road and plummet and tried to suss out the bottom for holes.
They don't have to be big as it is suprising what an extra foot of depth can make. Take a pad and try and map it out then armd with that knowledge go back and fish the deeper areas - shouldn't fail (unless you have Malc with you [:)])
Bait wise you'll need something attractive as the fish will slow down as he water cools and you are looking to entice them to feed. Try particles or maggot, worm or castor and dribble small amounts in on a regular basis.
If you don't get any response try another hole and so on until you find the fish.

tight lines,

Dave

Last edited:

steve wilson

dave does that mean we can blame malc for bad catches during the colder winter months

Polepot

Poles
Steve,

Did you not realise we can blame Malc for everything but he must be there - like Trevor his effect is only manifest when he is present.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

MALC

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Don't forget though Nick i can also leave a slimy trail of BAD FISHING that will stay with the VENUE or PEOPLE present

THE JINX IS EVER POWERFULL

Mock it at your perile

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Status
Not open for further replies.