Comfy work boots

rudd

Site Supporter
Port of Felixstowe ( contaner port) - compulsory safety boots, hi viz and hard hat.

Hard hat to preserve teeth for dental records incase a 30+ ton container lands on you! 😬

Had some hairy times on there, metal lashing chains exploding yards from my position on a container vessel with bits hitting all around me being memorable!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Port of Felixstowe ( contaner port) - compulsory safety boots, hi viz and hard hat.

Hard hat to preserve teeth for dental records incase a 30+ ton container lands on you! 😬

Had some hairy times on there, metal lashing chains exploding yards from my position on a container vessel with bits hitting all around me being memorable!
had a chain go on me once as I was pulling a dumper out of a trench that the daft driver didnt see ???

ran it between my manitou and the thwaites and the driver hooked it up, started gunning the all terrain, felt the tension, then BANG !!!!

chains smashed into my engine casing

not only couldnt he drive the dumper but he didnt know how to hook a chain on either

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
When you weigh up how long you spend in your Work Boots you should by the best you can afford , no blinks an Eye on spending a fortune on trainers or shoes

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
lots of replies about boots

but the crux of the matter is he needs size 14's

and though a lot of the boots mentioned are admirable, rarely do you find them above a size 12 or 13, the struggle to find good fitting boots in 14 is real,

not many manufacturers do them, even in the USA which sell boots a size smaller than the UK anyway, a size 14 USA is a UK 13, the same as with their clothes sizes an XXL USA is A UK XL

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I have always worn steel toe cap boots in most jobs I have had but have never really found any which are comfortable. I can't wait to take them off at the end of a day.
Has anybody got any recommendations of any which are suitable for building site work which are somewhat comfortable? Fully waterproof and made to last are important. The pair I have now are a £60 pair of dickies and although they feel well built i can't wait to take them off.
I struggle as I'm a size 14 and not every style are available in my size.
Any particular brands to recommend?
Price not really an issue as i spend most of my day in them so I want the best. Can't really wear trainer types on the sites im working on and rigger boots are not allowed.
I wear scruffs slip on boots ,really comfy , i do add a gel insole to make them even more comfy

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
After wearing these boots for over a month I am now more used to them. I figured out it was better wearing one pair of decent socks than wearing a couple of pairs to try and make more cushioning. My feet don't hurt as much now at night and I would probably recommend them to other people but you definitely have to give them 2/3 weeks to break in. Maybe my feet are broken in, maybe it's the boots. They are dickies Medford boots.
Currently available for £40. They we're more when I bought them. They are still waterproof and alot better than when I first started wearing them.

1614322828894.png