Colmic Bump Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyboy

Just a quick review, i bought this bump bar after i lost part of my preston bump bar in the fossedyke canal,
i am impressed with it , its solid very well thought out,and made,it will probably be strong enough to hold a brick wall never mind a pole, when i bought it, it was in a kit form ,i think this is because the actual ripple bar needs cutting down to fit certain boxes, as obviously these are made for colmic boxes, i had to cut 1/2 " off each side of the ripple bar so it would fit my milo box, i also cut 2 " off the aluminium bar,
i have used it a couple of times now and very pleased with it, rock solid is the best i can describe this item of tackle

jacksdar

Any chance of photo daveyboy?

Last edited by a moderator:

daveyboy

Originally posted by jacksdar

Any chance of photo daveyboy?
i will give it a go jackstar, will probably need some instructions on how to post a photo though

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Instructions are in the FAQ's top-right of the forum [;)]

jacksdar

I too have Milo & although fairly happy with doctored Fox jobby, would like to see how others do it! [:)]

daveyboy

right here goes, hope it works

daveyboy

that was easy,hope they are ok for you jacksdar

sbw

Welsh
Where did you get it from and how much did you pay? Cheapest I can find it for is 45 which is more than I would like to spend.

andy2473

Looks good,how much and where from...

daveyboy

I bought it from Whisby angling supplies Lincoln. it cost 35, the tackle shop owners called Ted Burkes his phone number 01522684464,

jacksdar

Thanks daveyboy, looks the business. My Fox looks similar but definately not as solid as your set-up.

Regards,

Darren

andy2473

Thanks Daveyboy for that its on my wishlist for this summer,nice box aswell.

jacksdar

Hello daveyboy,

Well after a year of consideration I have brought one of these today!

My doctored Fox was never as solid as I wanted. Looking forward to getting it before the weekend in order to cut it to size.

Cheers for the review.

Regards,

Darren

daveyboy

Only pleased to help jacksdar, i know quite a few lads who use them know and the majority are more than happy with them

macca63

I tried mine out for the first time last weekend on my Milo box what a quility piece of kit, really sturdy and strong and no cheap plasticy bits unlike some other manufacturers. I picked mine up from Davies Angling mail order well worth the dosh.

Mr Kipling

14/01/07 - 21/08/10
In Memoriam
Can I just ask if the foam on the bumb bar rotates like a roller? Handy when shipping out long poles.

jacksdar

daveyboy,

Still not arrived & need it for Sunday! Whisby did not stock so ordered it from Barford in Norfolk. Slightly more pricey but had one in.

macca63,

Did you cut it back like daveyboy did?

I too have Milo.

Regards,

Darren

jacksdar

Colmic Bump Bar arrived today. Initial thoughts are what a solid bit of kit. The horizontal bar would support someone swinging on it!

You are correct daveyboy. The bar will need trimming to suit my box. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't usually get excited about these sort of accessories but this really is the business.

Anyone looking for Bump Bar should look at this one first. Thoroughly recommended especially if you have Milo.

Top notch bit of kit! [:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.