Cold day at Sweet hedges farm

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Had a few hours free this morning and with the rivers being out of action I decided to fish a old venue I used to go to as a kid. I fished the pole and was bite less after 1 hour thinking I'd made a mistake coming.. I thought I would search about so went right out to 14.5 meters and started a new swim, I had my float dotted down to a pimple and when it dinked under I struck and thought I had hooked bottom the fish put up no fight and it was the first of half a dozen translucent bream to 4lb, managed to keep them coming by switching lines and topping up after every fish. IMG_20191129_102203.jpg

Not a bad winters morning ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well done on catching at all after the temperature drop, decent fish as well.

I was going to try somewhere tomorrow but with the rivers still too high I don't fancy the chances of getting anything on a Stillwater given the temperature has gone from 12 degrees on Thursday to 4 degrees tomorrow. This November is the first full calendar month I haven't fished at in in 2 years and it's now been 6 weeks since I last fished and it'll have been even longer than 2 years since I last had a break that long. Its been driving me nuts I've never known so much bad weather in my angling career!

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Thanks mate, definitely been a month to forget weather wise and now its gone dry the temperatures are falling just hope the rivers follow suit

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Indeed, I read it's comfortably the wettest November in quite a few years in most parts. Assuming it stays drier from now on I'll have a go in the rivers again when the temperature rise or at least stabilise. I don't mind fishing in the cold it's just generally a bit of a waste of time after such a sudden drop so you did well to catch for sure!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Very true but you also won’t catch a cold ;) you got to pick your battles there’s not much point battling a flooded river in 4 degrees!

Pickard1

Is this the sweethedges farm out at Allexton? Ive walked round it a few times but only ever been twice.

I've only really seen people fishing for the carp. Are there many silvers in it?

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Is this the sweethedges farm out at Allexton? Ive walked round it a few times but only ever been twice.

I've only really seen people fishing for the carp. Are there many silvers in it?

Yes its the same one, I have caught Bream, Roach, Perch and even Chub in the past so I would say there is a wide variety of silvers in there not just Carp