Coarse fishing in Herne Bay

Pompous git

Site Supporter
There was a while ago, don`t think I was mistaken.

The Stour at Fordwich is very tempting but I just wouldn`t make enough use of it, on the other hand I can`t take it with me...

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Just looked through the website, as you inferred no sign of a waiting list, hmm, not sure if I can resist. The fly rod is underused
and I do like my autumn and winter roach trotting.

DFL

Site Supporter
Must have been before my time. The major gripe from members is the fact they don't close the book and there are just too many members (approx 2000) for the amount of water under their control.

Be warned......fishing during the daytime on the Stour is almost impossible with the explosion in kayak/canoe/paddle boards and swimmers. Canoe Wild run two operations out of Grove Ferry and Fordwich and are opening a third late Summer on the free section in the centre of Canterbury which will completely ruin that beautiful stretch of chalk stream with gin clear water and its Ranunculus

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Must have been before my time. The major gripe from members is the fact they don't close the book and there are just too many members (approx 2000) for the amount of water under their control.

Be warned......fishing during the daytime on the Stour is almost impossible with the explosion in kayak/canoe/paddle boards and swimmers. Canoe Wild run two operations out of Grove Ferry and Fordwich and are opening a third late Summer on the free section in the centre of Canterbury which will completely ruin that beautiful stretch of chalk stream with gin clear water and its Ranunculus
Interesting post, it sounds as if I was mistaken regarding the waiting list. I last fished the CDAA waters in the mid eighties, no problems
with swimmers etc then but thanks for the warning. I fish the Bure around Coltishall and this summer the weirpool was impossible but I
like early mornings before the onslaught, also noticed a few paddle boarders around the Thurne at Martham, swimming there? Yuk no
thank you!
I`m hoping this wild swimming and paddle boarding mullarky dies down when things get back to normal and everyone is back at work.