Coaching day with jon arthur

Martin hall

Site Supporter
I'm in no way a match angler only got back into fishing at all late 2019 but I am considering a days coaching and being from rugby jon looks like a good option. Has anybody done a day with him and do you think it would be worth it for me as a pleasure fisherman looking to do more. Thanks Martin

Total

Site Supporter
That's what I thought alot has changed in the 15 or so years I haven't been fishing so I was thinking a good all round coaching day covering different methods and fish species might be worth doing
Hello Martin, Have you decided what area of your fishing needs coaching on with Jon?.....Rod and reel, pole fishing etc etc......Due to time constraints in any one day I found it often works out better if you narrow it down to one or two choices of improvement or the day can become fragmented and can be a case of information overload etc....(y)

JRW

Site Supporter
Martin

I don't fish in matches either and I've never really felt the need for professional coaching, there's enough free information and advice on here and on U tube to keep me busy. However if I ever decide to do it, I would also choose Jon Arthur. He's an excellent presenter, really comfortable in front of the cameras and I expect he'd be just as cool in real life. Go for it, I think you'd love it.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I'm in no way a match angler only got back into fishing at all late 2019 but I am considering a days coaching and being from rugby jon looks like a good option. Has anybody done a day with him and do you think it would be worth it for me as a pleasure fisherman looking to do more. Thanks Martin
Great choice ,knows his stuff 👌

BE the margin man

ive had a day with Jon, really friendly and easy to get on with. obviously he is a quality angler and its all the little bits and tricks he tought me that really helped me improve. you wont be disapointed if you have a day out with him.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Of all of the current crop of anglers offering tuition, Jon Arthur would be my first choice. He is very versatile in his methods and the type of venues he fishes. And he explains things well, in an entertaining way. If I was wanting to get to grips with commercials, then Jamie Hughes would be a good choice. He is very knowledgeable about how fish feed on commercials, and how best to present a bait to them, and he explains it very well. But he isn't as much of an all rounder as Jon Arthur.
I hope you have a great time when you have your tuition day.

Stokie

Site Supporter
Had a 1-2-1 session with Jon back end of last year. Can't rate him highly enough. It's amazing how much you'll learn from him just by listening to the little nuggets of info he'll give away - as well as showing you what you ask him you want to learn. Really lovely bloke, fantastic angler and great coach.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Of all of the current crop of anglers offering tuition, Jon Arthur would be my first choice. He is very versatile in his methods and the type of venues he fishes. And he explains things well, in an entertaining way. If I was wanting to get to grips with commercials, then Jamie Hughes would be a good choice. He is very knowledgeable about how fish feed on commercials, and how best to present a bait to them, and he explains it very well. But he isn't as much of an all rounder as Jon Arthur.
I hope you have a great time when you have your tuition day.
I think5 times is still the best all rounder , probably lol