Club Waters

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Most of our club waters are a fairly long hike apart from a couple. Decided on a whim to have a session this afternoon so opted for our easiest water, the Firemans. Only 25 yards from car park to the water & only 20 pegs. It's like a mini commercial with Ide, F1's, Chub & Tench. You can normally guarantee a fairly easy day's fishing by bagging a good few. Not today though, bites were really hard to come by for everybody. I had a few Ide on 6mm expanders then decided to drop down to a size 18 hook & a 4mm expander. Good decision because the next fish was this Tench. For some reason the Tench in this pond are really pale compared to the deep green shade of the ones in our other waters. They were only stocked a couple of years ago but run to 6lb.

Tench firemans.jpg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
They're all that colour in that pond. Yet the ones in one of other ponds up the road are a really deep green. Somebody said that Tench reflect the colour of the water they live in.

Maidstone1922

That's interesting. What's the water like? Have you got any photos?
I reckon it will have something to do with their diet as well.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
That's interesting. What's the water like? Have you got any photos?
I reckon it will have something to do with their diet as well.

It was drained, completely revamped and refilled a couple of years back. We bought it after a syndicate had folded & let it go.
1589981517944.png

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Back again today on our biggest water, the Clover. Had this nice carp, first put in but struggled the rest of the morning & only managed a couple of rudd & roach. Same with everyone else on the pond....one carp each.

clover.jpg monday mirror.jpg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
M&J 3.jpg M&J 4.jpg Continued my tour of the club waters this week with an afternoon session on the May & June pond (no idea why they're named so). Decided to pick a swim that was shaded from the heat as they all look fishy. I had some maggot & caster to get rid of before they hatched in the garage and fished in the margins by some reeds & under an overhanging tree. Because all our waters contain some very hard fighting "Super Carp", I had the beefy elastic on. No biggies for this session but a constant stream of decent crucians, roach & chunky little rudd. All falling to double caster. Only downside to the day was losing a rig because I hadn't attached my dacron connector properly. Some poor little rudd is swimming round with it now :( M&J 1.jpg M&J 2.jpg

D

Deleted member 24128

There is a place that I fish that has tench that look like that and there is also a stretch of canal near my house that has a tench that can only be described as white. I went after it last year and hooked it but the bugger broke me off. It was the fish that made me dump Drennan Supplex for my hook lengths. It really was one of those lost fish that took a few days to get over. It was just a few days, honest. I mean I'm not still bitter about it. NOT AT ALL ;) I have not seen it this year which makes me wonder where it's gone.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Cracking session on the Clover this morning. Had the lake to myself for a few hours so opted for peg 12. Plenty of decent roach, rudd (obviously), a few gudgeon, a baby tench, a 6lb mirror & most of the cruies in the pond I think. They were queuing up in the last hour & I must have had 10 in that time. Some were decent & gave a good scrap & I also had some tiny ones. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

clover sunday carp (2).jpg

Clover Sunday Roach.jpg