Club Ponds

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Had a couple of gruellers that last two sessions on various club waters. Thought I'd have a final venture out today before putting the gear away until after Xmas. I'm getting a bit bored with catching small roach, the fields are like the Somme because the landowners have put the horses in them and the bigger fish have gone to bed for the winter, I'll fish a club match if they hold one & we're still closed but that's it for pleasure sessions for now. Busy all morning with roach & gonks on red maggot.

mj net.jpg

Silver fan 82

Had a couple of gruellers that last two sessions on various club waters. Thought I'd have a final venture out today before putting the gear away until after Xmas. I'm getting a bit bored with catching small roach, the fields are like the Somme because the landowners have put the horses in them and the bigger fish have gone to bed for the winter, I'll fish a club match if they hold one & we're still closed but that's it for pleasure sessions for now. Busy all morning with roach & gonks on red maggot.

View attachment 88445
Lovely net of roach 👍

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I was fishing maggot on the deck at around 8 metres. Had lots of small ones plus a run of gudgeon & then it died on me. I started dobbing some bread in the margin, hoping to snare a carp but was catching some bigger roach about 6 inches off the deck. Changed to double red maggot & it was a roach a chuck for the last hour which included a few netters.