Club Pond Session

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Our main group of ponds resemble a swingers' club at the moment, with the carp all bang at it. I thought I'd give them a miss today & opted for our match lake which contains mainly F1's, Ide, Tench & chublets with some crucians and roach thrown in for good measure.
I've been determined to try shallow fishing as I've only had a quick play at it before without success. With the weather being glorious, I thought today would be a good opportunity.
I started in the margin however, fishing expanders over micros & bagged three nice tench immediately, followed by a couple of decent F1's.
There were plenty of swirls around the 8m mark so I set up a jigga rig & a fixed dibber rig at 12" depth. First put in with the dibber saw the elastic stream out & I was into a big old F1. They go to around 4lbs in this water. A couple of smaller ones followed & I switched to the jigga, using banded 4mm pellet. About 10 of big F1's were nabbed this way & I thoroughly enjoyed a quick 3 hour session. They switched off all of a sudden though & by then it was time to pack up anyway.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Lovely morning on our Clover pond. A short session saw a nice common, a couple of tench, two decent crucians & a roach. Got smashed by a carp at my feet & the hook pulled out of a decent one as I was guiding him in. I had planned a paste session........only one problem. I forgot the bloody paste. My annoyance was compounded when I discovered that I'd also forgotten the cup for me flamin' coffee. Captain Knobhead is alive & well.

Attachments

• clover common.jpg
    clover common.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 5
  • clover cruie.jpg
    clover cruie.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
  • little tinca.jpg
    little tinca.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 5

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@landlord, enjoyed reading those reports, and forgetting bait cups and general disorganisation sounds like my fishing adventures, some cracking looking fish and lovely ponds.

Total

Site Supporter
Lovely morning on our Clover pond. A short session saw a nice common, a couple of tench, two decent crucians & a roach. Got smashed by a carp at my feet & the hook pulled out of a decent one as I was guiding him in. I had planned a paste session........only one problem. I forgot the bloody paste. My annoyance was compounded when I discovered that I'd also forgotten the cup for me flamin' coffee. Captain Knobhead is alive & well.
Reads like a cracking morning on your pond....:)(y).......If you could ever get properly organised our Neil you'd give Jamie Hughes a run for for his money!;):p:ROFLMAO:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Reads like a cracking morning on your pond....:)(y).......If you could ever get properly organised our Neil you'd give Jamie Hughes a run for for his money!;):p:ROFLMAO:
Pfft.......he can only catch F1's. He never fishes our main group, just the Firemans which has the F1's

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Fished club pond last night tench had been on surface all day according to another angler pairing up had quite a few perch and 1 rudd and a baby tench smallest one of the year so far

Attachments

• 20210615_194755.jpg
    20210615_194755.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210615_205756.jpg
    20210615_205756.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 2