Club pond first tench of year

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Fished club pond today which has rudd tench and crucians took some maggots pinkies and some strawberry sweetcorn started on pole close in on maggot or pinkie swim was about 4ft deep all over no bites for 2 hours fed sweetcorn on one side and groundbait on other side finished with 3 rudd and 1 tench about 2lb very slow fishing on got bites as sun was setting 1 more angler on same pond only had couple of crucians nice day to be out in the sunshine though

Attachments

• 20210324_171202.jpg
    20210324_171202.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 16

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
The other angler on pond had bubbles fizzing in front of him none where I fished will have to try some different groundbait next time

tincatim

Site Supporter
I’m fairly sure I know which venue you went to, I’ve been thinking of getting a permit there for a while now but not sure I’ll get enough use out of it this year. Do they ever have open days so I could try it out before I commit?

davepellet

that's what I thought last year, mid Feb decided not to bother in case the covid situation worsened!!! Wish I'd put a quid on the lottery too!

davepellet

if you're in doubt about there Tim, why not just get the Kilnhurst book... you get access to Baker's Pond with that & that's a lovely looking water
lilies between every peg plus crucians & tench!!!

tincatim

Site Supporter
That’s probably a good idea Dave, Bakers looks a nice little place from what I’ve seen from the train! I’ve got a nostalgic interest in fishing for tench and crucians from a pond with lily pads. I’d use the river stretch too after June so would be worth it.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
bakers pond nice pond plenty of platforms to use fence all the way round so only people with a key can get in plenty of fish
one thing from last year i fished it if you get heavy rain day before seems to knock fish of feed with book you can fish on canal as well at kilnhurst and Mexborough

tincatim

Site Supporter
Question for you two then, where can I buy the KDAA book? Would Parkgate Angling sell them?

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
you can get it from bailiff on bank you will need a key for bakers just looked back of book has parkgate angling advertising on it so would thought you buy one there but never used them though