Club lake random number generator for a peg

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
Made a few small changes to the setup and trying to get to grips with this style of fishing still before entering club matches got a lot to learn about efficiency and even things as simple as keeping the landing net to hand but a enjoyable session again

Random number generator gave me peg 25 today.

I'm trying to do this as if I've drawn a peg and it makes me fish pegs I've not fished before and think it's helping me get to grips with the pole fishing

Lot of small silvers on maggot on the pole until the wind got to much to fish with the pole comfortably or with any precision so had lunch and went over to method feeder nice selection skimmers, bream and a handful of crazy F1s which I don't think I'd have had a cat in hells chance to land on the pole. I need to hook onto some of these F1s on the pole to learn and get a feel and learn to play on the elastic.

All done in between hiding under the brolly.

Attachments

• IMG_20210929_121703.jpg
    IMG_20210929_121703.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20210929-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20210929-WA0001.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210929_133519.jpg
    IMG_20210929_133519.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210929_134231.jpg
    IMG_20210929_134231.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210929_160929.jpg
    IMG_20210929_160929.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210929_161141.jpg
    IMG_20210929_161141.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210929_165046.jpg
    IMG_20210929_165046.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 14

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great read and photos (y)

The golden rule in match fishing is to fish to your strengths - so many people lose sight of what they're doing when trying to compete using methods that they're not familiar with because someone is doing it or someone has said it's the 'in' method.

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter

The golden rule in match fishing is to fish to your strengths - so many people lose sight of what they're doing when trying to compete using methods that they're not familiar with because someone is doing it or someone has said it's the 'in' method.
Feeder fishing is my strength from carp fishing and a match in my club could be won with 3 fish off the feeder if they're the size of what I averaged today but if your not on them it's hard going, I was alternating between 3 spots with the feeder as after hooking a fish in one area it died off.

I may have been a member of my club for many years but the smaller match pond I've fished 2 pegs before and have no idea of depth and features hence trying to move around.

Thanks for the reply

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter

I'll let you know what my weight was from my peg on the Trent on Saturday.... :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though Mitomaniac @chefster is your man for F1 fishing on the pole he fishes matches where F1's feature heavily.

If you have puller fitted to your top kit you can get away with catching small to medium carp & f1's on a lighter elastic.

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
I'll let you know what my weight was from my peg on the Trent on Saturday.... :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though Mitomaniac @chefster is your man for F1 fishing on the pole he fishes matches where F1's feature heavily.

If you have puller fitted to your top kit you can get away with catching small to medium carp & f1's on a lighter elastic.
I've 2 poles both have puller kits I'm using a cheap daiwa xr1 margin pole to learn with as it owes me nothing and I have a drennan acolyte as my main pole but until I'm more fluid and aware of using the pole I'd rather use the cheap one.

Thank you your advice and info

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I've 2 poles both have puller kits I'm using a cheap daiwa xr1 margin pole to learn with as it owes me nothing and I have a drennan acolyte as my main pole but until I'm more fluid and aware of using the pole I'd rather use the cheap one.

Thank you your advice and info
Your welcome chip, there are far better pole anglers on here than me (We all are better pole anglers than you Kev, I can here them answer :ROFLMAO:) who can advise you. I do know that poles can take much more stick with a feisty fish on than you would at first expect, it's a question of switching viewpoint from the bend of the rod applying the pressure to the stretch of the elastic applying a drag effect as the fish runs, if that makes sense.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Just my opinion (albeit from my own experience over the last year), but you’ll learn more and quicker by jumping in to matches and observing other anglers than you will pleasure fishing.

Fishing in match conditions is completely different to fishing in your own, the sooner you get started the quicker you’ll start to improve. As Dave said, fish to your strengths initially, you’ll surprise yourself how much you can pick up just from watching the anglers around you.

I did just that and I’m now sort of addicted to match fishing, it took hold pretty quick in my case👍👍

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
You might find some of these posts of interest

Tips, Tricks & Hints The section titled Playtime just over halfway down.

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
You might find some of these posts of interest

Tips, Tricks & Hints The section titled Playtime just over halfway down.

Thank you ill have a read after work