Cloud Groundbaiting ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
@ Mickthe chippy .Mick don't mean to diss your float making as I'm sure they will be great for purpose ,BUT............. Up in the water fishing with a self cocking float is a big no no.
You need to see bites as they happen on the drop ,with a self cocker you won't bites on the drop as the float will already be set ,you need to be able to read if the bait has been taken on the drop ,to do this you fish with a light float with spread shot on the line ,each one being a tell take on the float setting .also you must keep a tight line to the float after you have layed your rig out watching for any twitch or movement of the float as these are your quick as lightening bites ,it would be advisable also to have a number eight backshot on the line as well as this aids holding a tight line to the float .
Hope all this helps mate and hopefully you don't think I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs .
Good luck on Monday and I'm annoyed that I can't make it with you.?

they will be used, for a foot deep, with the bait sinking under its own weight, it might not work, but there again, nowt else Ive tried has either

richox12

Molehill soil is heavy.

VERY VERY fine Gbait is best. Also try/add Sensas Tracix, Tumeric as has been mentioned and milk powder.

Silver fan 82

thoughts on this, this morning

Im going to try a crowquill whip wag, will be tying some rigs today set shallow with just a no10 dropper

and dug some old fuse wire out the electrical repair box to knock up some self cocking pole floats, not quite sure how at the moment but will play around with the idea

picked up some molehill while out with himself this morn, just spread it on some newspaper in a tray to dry most of the damp out of it, will heat it in a old army camping oven type thing this after to do whats left, the grind it to a powder with a pestle

got some bags of browning roach GB and will try to grind that finer to, then mix with the molehill

monday looks to be a fine day, weather wise to try it out,
Would liquidised corn be any good? Maybe too heavy or fill the fish up too quickly?

Blanks

Site Supporter
Might require a liquid to make a long lasting cloud. A caster in a fine band hair rigged, a fine band can be made by cutting down a float rubber with a razor blade.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
milk powder is another thing i have used when ive been zigging before, mixed with liquidised hemp from a spice grinder and the bigger bits from groundbait blitzed in a spice grinder as well