closed season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianski

Could somone confirm whats happened to the closed season? Does it still exist and to which waters? I have not "tackled up" for about 10 years and see anglers on our local Canal?????

I have just set myself and my son up with gear and I am ready to go, Just need to be sure on where I can and cant and any info on liceances would also be great!

Ianski

joe32

Hi mate,and welcom to Maggotdrowning.
With regard to the close season.There is still a close season on rivers and certain stretches of canal.It would be best for you to check with a local tackle shop if the close season is in force on the venue you decide to fish.On lake the close season does not exist anymore but some clubs still close there venues for the traditional close season.
You will need to buy a Environment Agency rod license this entitles you to fish with up to two rods,I dont know how old your lad is but if he is under 12 he will not require a rod license.
In addition to this you may have to pay a day ticket charge.
You say you have seen anglers fishing your local canal so I would assume that the stretch there does not operate a close season.
But if you want to be sure contact your local E.A office and they should be able to tell you for sure.
I you let the guy's on here know which venue you intend to fish someone on here may be able to advise about the close season.
Hope this helps.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

ianski

Thanks Joe, GREAT HELP! cant wait to get going again.

IAN[:p]

quote:Originally posted by joe32

Hi mate,and welcom to Maggotdrowning.
With regard to the close season.There is still a close season on rivers and certain stretches of canal.It would be best for you to check with a local tackle shop if the close season is in force on the venue you decide to fish.On lake the close season does not exist anymore but some clubs still close there venues for the traditional close season.
You will need to buy a Environment Agency rod license this entitles you to fish with up to two rods,I dont know how old your lad is but if he is under 12 he will not require a rod license.
In addition to this you may have to pay a day ticket charge.
You say you have seen anglers fishing your local canal so I would assume that the stretch there does not operate a close season.
But if you want to be sure contact your local E.A office and they should be able to tell you for sure.
I you let the guy's on here know which venue you intend to fish someone on here may be able to advise about the close season.
Hope this helps.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

Status
Not open for further replies.