Closed season, your chance to vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

below is a posting by Lee Fletcher of the RSSG, please take the time to read it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear All,

The RSSG has today recieved a communication from Terry Mansbridge, Chief Executive of the National Association of Fisheries and Angling Consultatives (NAFAC) regarding any threat towards the rivers close season.

In a nutshell, NAFAC needs to know what the RSSG's views are on this subject.

Seeing as this is a very important issue for RSSG members, and indeed, none RSSG members alike, I would like to ballot the full RSSG membership for their views as follows;

Simply send me an email giving your name and stance either for, or against retaining the present rivers close season in one of the following examples below;

Either; (your own name). FOR retention.

Or; (your own name). AGAINST retention.

PLEASE DONT give your votes on this thread. I need to have them come directly into my own computer so as to complile the votes easy.

You can send your email votes to trent.barbeler@ntlworld.com

We already have the backing to retain the rivers close season from the SAA over this issue. Backing that was arrived at via a vote at a SAA meeting. This time, via NAFAC, I would like our stance rubber stamped by the RSSG membership itself. So please, take this opportunity to HAVE YOUR SAY over what is, a very important issue. It only takes seconds to send me this simple email.

Outside of the RSSG membership, I am also mindful that this issue effects many river anglers. Therefore, I am also inviting NONE RSSG members to send me their votes also. The same principle applies. Just email me your name with either a FOR or AGAINST vote.

RSSG members of course are known to us so seperating both sets of votes is an easy task.

From the RSSG membership votes sent, I will draft a full responce on behalf of the RSSG membership and send it on to every NAFAC council member seeing as our membership is nation wide.

From the none RSSG membership votes sent, I will compile a petition list that will obviously be more representative of anglings true opinion instead of some "vote" taken by a minority in a angling newspaper. This compliled list will also be sent on with our own responce.

Please keep a record of your email votes sent because I will be posting a full list (no email details) of names and votes so everyone can check that their own vote was recorded in exactly the same way it was sent.

I will leave this vote open for a period of one month from this date so as to give everyone a chance to have their say.

Could I ask Website owners to keep this thread pined at the top for the monthly period so as to give everyone a chance to have their voices heard in the place where it really matters.

Now is the chance to have your say. Please use it.

Regards,

Lee.

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Del-J

' Victor '
All done Trogg.

Come on lads it doesn't hurt one little bit.

Del.

Not fishing? Then talk to your friends on MDs.

scouse

'River Man'
hi trogg
all done
come on lads lets get rid of this
victorian law

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam

We already have the backing to retain the rivers close season from the SAA over this issue. Backing that was arrived at via a vote at a SAA meeting. This time, via NAFAC, I would like our stance rubber stamped by the RSSG membership itself
End Quote

Dave,
I think the man is actually asking for support to RETAIN this Victorian law! icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

Status
Not open for further replies.