clifton

Status
Not open for further replies.

john wheat

hi there can anybody tell me what the fishing is like at beeston weir Nottingham many thanks.

Bill G

Grandad
first of all welcome to the pleasure dome mate second river season CLOSED so could be fishing its nuts off but you wont know[8D]

Ricky24

Rich
During the fishing season Beeston is home to some very BIG Barbel although this can be quite hit and miss, there is also a lot of decent Chub that recide there. Best method would be using a long hooklength of about 3 - 4 foot, and Casters, Hemp and Pellets in the feeder for a mixed bag with Double Caster or Maggot on the hook.

For Specifically targetting the Barbel I have gone with the Korda rigs, I fish a lot of these with confidence but I am sure other people have their own perceptions and ideas on how to catch them, but personally I love the blow-back rig and I have never had a missed run on it.

I fish about 2 - 3 rod lengths out in the 'crease' of the River. Matt Hayes's 'Timebomb' method (for which he is now reknowned for) is a great Method as well, but personally I get a bed of feed down using a feeder and then change to a PVA stick mix with 6 ml Pellets and a couple of hook bait samples with Marine Halibut Groundbait. I use a big grippa 5oz weight to hold bottom.
A short braid hooklength of around 5 inches long (I use Sufix Camo Skin or ESP Strip-Teaze hooklink of both 12 lb). Use this in conjunction with 22 ml Halibut Marine Pellet or a 14 ml when going is tough.

Seems to work for me, but I hope this helps.

Ricky

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.