Clicker for Gadget Geeks

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Could accidentally 'click' it when using catty, or when reeling in. For those reasons...Am oot.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Who needs it when you've got clothes pegs, or you could always keep a mental note of what you're putting in your nets

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I just use one of these, cheap as chips and nothing to go wrong if they get damp..

(other sellers are avaialble)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I just use one of these, cheap as chips and nothing to go wrong if they get damp..

(other sellers are avaialble)

They are good, but don't come in camo. :giggle:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I have a friend who uses them for his Carp sessions. He has 3 rods out and a clicker taped to the rear ofthe rod pod close to each rod. He says that way he can work out what bait is taken on each rod when he gets a run and then adjusts as needed.

Oldmech

Site Supporter
A mate gave me one to try last match it lasted about half an hour got splashed and packed up, he got 4 of em for about 6 quid so sent them back and got refund, they are designed as knitting counters so if you knit they will be fine.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
The waterproof one I linked to is said to be OK to 3m. And costs £10.50 for a reason. Yes you can get them for £1 but those are not claimed to be waterproof.

Oldmech

Site Supporter
The one I had was like the one pictured in your post which claim to be splash proof, the one showed in the link is a different one completely with the rubber button seals etc and that should be waterproof as stated. I found it not very user friendly as knowing which finger to put it on so it doesn't click when not needed was a problem, caught it on the landing net handle and it advanced so when it packed up I was glad and went back to the old mechanical version.