clattercote res

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
The Malc Doyle Summer League Bag Up Not, is due to fish Clattercote Res on the 27th July.

It seems strange to me that no one has posted any info on the water.So this is what i have found out about it so far.

Malc has stated we are on the boards.This area is shallower than the Dam wall side with depths sloping gently towards the dam.The dam area can be up to 20ft deep in places dependant on the water level at the time.

It responds to most methods and baits again dependant on what they want at the time so a selection of baits are required.Meat,corn,pellets and paste are the main baits.

I would imagine Churt would have more info as its quite local to him or is he playing his cards close to his chest.

Anyone else got any more info on the water.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Keith, to think it was me who told you how to do red meat!!!! I've only fished the place half a dozen times, and I,ve not been for ages.. I'll probably see Gary Thorpe and his mates tomorrow at Rolf's so I'll ask them how the boards are fishing, what baits methods etc and I will post on here!! The only thing I keep close to my chest is my T shirt!!! (how is sunburnt Andy???)

churt

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Well Churt,

At least a response even Malc has not replied.Still he is looking after his teddy bear.
Andy was whinging all the way home that the seatbelt hurt his shoulders and when he lifted his belly up there was a large patch of unburnt flesh.
Cannot get to rolfs for a couple of weeks so see you at Clattercote.

Keith

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Keith, I read your post at work, but pressure of work stopped me from replying! I won't be at Rolf's this weekend work on Saturday Exel series match on Sunday.
I wish I had a flag!!!!!
"Driving a forklift all day is for people who wish they could fish everyday!!!!"

churt

MALC

Sorry keith not ignoreing you nows the first chance i've had to get on line, as work,sleep & fishing has got in the way.

All i can get at the min is that Method and Bagging Waggler has been catching but no idea as to what baits.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

Thats alright mate i know how hectic it can be.Looking over your shoulder all day and nursing red along at the same time.

Churt,

Try www.animatedgif.net and look for the flags.Then put the url into your signature.I think thats how i did it.If not look in the playground section.

Keith

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Keith, I spoke to Gary at Rolf's and he said fish G/B feeder with fishmeal and pellet with a soft pellet just buried inside feeder.Also tench showing on the pole line..

churt

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
All,

Went for a walk round it today.

No-one really catching although fish were topping.

Take waders or wellies as the water level is coming off the platforms and there is a big drop to the waters edge.Do not know if BW are taking any more water from it but is is dropping.

Keith

MALC

Well just got back from a walk around at Clattercote and as Keith has said the water level is well down and they may run more off tomorrow.

We have pegs 7 to 20 reserved for us on the near side bank with no other matches on, but imagine there will be a fair few pleasure anglers, as there were around 30 fishing there this afternoon.

The 2 pictures below show how far down the water is on some of the pegs we are on so as you can see some may require waders/wellies.

Whilst walking round every body fishing was catching although most were catching Tench rather than Carp.

Tactics in use were Method/Bagging Waggler/Waggler and Straight ledger.
No one was on the Pole.

Most were fishing between 20 and 30yds out.

Baits in use were Meat/Corn/Pellet/Paste/Bread and Maggot.

Most Carp seamed to be coming to the Maggot or Pellet with more Tench on Corn and Meat.

Carp were averaging 3 to 6lb and the Tench were all around the 2lb mark (but alot of them).

The pegs we are on are the shortest walk but it is still like walking the length of Drayton Dam from the car park to peg 30.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scott essery

'Silver man'
Malc

Great reconosance work mate and thanks for the pics!!!!

Recon the poles an option then?

Sounds a bit like drayton, ish, oh well fingers crossed!!

cheers mate

kev coke

sounds familier this every body catching fish until malc`s blanking i mean bag up series arrives at the lake and every fish in there bar a few run down to the other end of the lake he he he

Status
Not open for further replies.