classifieds and no replies...doh

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroads

rockyroads
just wonder why some members advertise there wares for sale in this forum and then cant be ar*ed to reply to people who reply to them..whats the point,while im on got an add in me local ad-mag for a 5 drawer onbox now im not asking the earth for it get this nugget ..i def want it dont sell to anyone else i will be round first thing in the morning..still waiting and he wont answer his mobile number he left me jeez whats up with these people ....[:(!]

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Its a pot luck thing. I've answered 2 ads on here, one worked out 100% smoothly and I bought a load of stuff including an Onbox, the other didn't ever respond to the email i sent him. The only thing that worries me is buying by mail, so i only buy when i can inspect, buy face to face & take the goods, to avoid the cowboys. I've been burnt as both a buyer and a seller when relying on trust.

Don

past experiences put me off advertising for life but I have tried the MDs ads no problems but no responses either lol.

My lad went on about how great Fleabay was so I went through all the parlaver of joining it and their "Paypal" people as well.

What a mistake! Freaks emailing me asking if I'd sell my stuff cheaper and cut ebay out even when the item was sold. I drove 70 miles to deliver to one guy FOC and he didnt turn up and then for weeks on a daily basis I had "spoof emails" whereby the morons sending them thought I would freely give my banking and ebay details to them as well as seperate emails for paypal details.
In the end I gave it up as a bad job the hassle far outweighd the financial rewards in my opinion.

Maybe advertising items for sale just is not for me as I am getting very cynical about "genuine collectors" or "genuine buyer not a dealer", even the "I'm an OAP" or "Single parent wants kit for son" type adds anyway and most people want summat for nowt as well. Much easier to hang on to surplas kit and give it to someone you know is not trying to rip you off.

nickg

ive bought off a guy from here through the classifieds. i think its luck of the draw as to how much attention the seller is paying.

mine was a great transaction, i met the guy, gave him the dosh and he gave me a carbonactive feeder rod. i was pleased:)

rodring

Account Locked
i bought of here was a bit sus at first but everything went ok just make sure you speak to them before you part with your hard earned also pay by cheque gives you a chance if it all goes abit pear shaped

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
i bought off here ok and 2 people havn't got back to me..

MARK C

I bought a six draw on x-box through maggot drowners, I am well pleased with my purchase, met in a lay-by and did the deal.[:0][:0]
I also think it is the luck of the draw, I responded to the ad and a day or so later another 5-6 people wanted the box, I was given first refusal and got the box.

2ts

Site Supporter
i have bought items from eight different sellars on here,
each transaction involved a certain amount of trust,i
have not bought anything that i have not been pleased
with, all at bargain prices too.
they have all communicated well and everything was as described
and in good condition.
this has been my personal experience, i must add that they are all members
of maggotdrowners, so i think that they are decent people to deal with.
hope this helps.
regards 2ts

stikflote

Site Supporter
my mate bought a shimano beastmaster off classified on here we went to dudly and it was as good as advert said we had a cuppa and bought pole home very good

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just as an aside, if anyone does have genuine problems when buying off this site's Classifieds, please let me know via PM or email and I'll help out where I can
We aim to keep the site in good faith and that includes all sections

bigredfish

I have also responded to a classified ad in recent weeks and the person has not even opened the message. This was for a daiwa tournament pole and there was no advertised price so i pmed him out of interest to no avail. I did however notice that he had only become a member that day and was wondering if here is some kind of scam going with some classifieds. I will ad that i have bought from the classifieds and had a good experience with a decent maggotdrowner.

big-red-fish

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We do find that some people join just to use the Classifieds and then miss out by not knowing all the functions available such as PM's

rockyroads

rockyroads
Originally posted by bigredfish

I have also responded to a classified ad in recent weeks and the person has not even opened the message. This was for a daiwa tournament pole and there was no advertised price so i pmed him out of interest to no avail. I did however notice that he had only become a member that day and was wondering if here is some kind of scam going with some classifieds. I will ad that i have bought from the classifieds and had a good experience with a decent maggotdrowner.

big-red-fish
wel ive noted this guy has 48 posts and been a member since december 2004 so dont reckon he is a new member!maybe we should start to name and shame lol!that would fettle em![:D]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.