Clarkson rapped over 'ginger beer' jibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookit

Account Locked
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
1
Its a pitty Ofcom have nothing better to spend their time and money on.

Clarkson rapped over 'ginger beer' jibe

Jeremy Clarkson: Criticised by Ofcom for saying a Daihatsu Copen was 'a bit ginger beer'

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been rapped by the media watchdog for describing a car as "a bit ginger beer'' - Cockney rhyming slang for "queer''.

Ofcom said there was "no justification'' for the comment. Clarkson was discussing a Daihatsu Copen during an episode of the BBC show last year.

He referred to it as "a bit gay,'' adding: "It's a bit ginger beer.''

Ofcom said use of the word "gay'' was not necessarily offensive. It referred to the Oxford English Dictionary definition of "gay'' as "foolish, stupid and occasionally inappropriate, disapproved of and lame''.

But the watchdog said: "In this edition of Top Gear, the presenter's use of a Cockney rhyming phrase made clear he intended to give a particular meaning to use of the word 'gay'... ie, not to restrict its meaning simply to foolish or stupid, but clearly linking the reference to homosexual people.

"This, in Ofcom's opinion, meant that the use of the word became capable of giving offence. In the context, there was no justification for using the word in this way.''

Ofcom said the complaint had been resolved because the BBC had already warned the production team and producers not to repeat the offence.

The BBC's own investigation upheld complaints about Clarkson's use of the word "gay'' during the episode screened in July last year.
 

Benji

Account Locked
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
1
There was also an incident with a pink Micra convertible , so it is not an isolated incident from them, but you have to wonder who made the complaint, any sensible person would realise its yet another shock jock comment from the yorky permed gob$hite. He would be doing himself a favour to learn to drive as well to back the mouth.
 

hookit

Account Locked
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
1
Originally posted by Benji

There was also an incident with a pink Micra convertible , so it is not an isolated incident from them, but you have to wonder who made the complaint, any sensible person would realise its yet another shock jock comment from the yorky permed gob$hite. He would be doing himself a favour to learn to drive as well to back the mouth.

You have to understand these comments are not personal just a bit of fun. Its seems our society need prozac adding to the water supply.
 
Last edited:

Benji

Account Locked
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
1
Originally posted by hookit

Originally posted by Benji

There was also an incident with a pink Micra convertible , so it is not an isolated incident from them, but you have to wonder who made the complaint, any sensible person would realise its yet another shock jock comment from the yorky permed gob$hite. He would be doing himself a favour to learn to drive as well to back the mouth.

You have to understand these comments are not personal just a bit of fun. Its seems our society need prozac adding to the water supply.

Totally agree about people learning to see the lighter side of life. But personally I dont like him, and think top gear have lost the plot and they need to realize motoring is about cars and driving, not silly stunts.
 

Isaak

alter Freund
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
698
"yorky permed gob$hite."










Excuse me!

If you are referring to people from God's own county then please, oh please USE A CAPITAL "Y"
 

Benji

Account Locked
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
1
Originally posted by Isaak

"yorky permed gob$hite."

Excuse me!

If you are referring to people from God's own county then please, oh please USE A CAPITAL "Y"

Sorry I only use capitals for people I like [:p][:D]
 

hookit

Account Locked
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
1
Originally posted by Benji

Originally posted by Isaak

"yorky permed gob$hite."

Excuse me!

If you are referring to people from God's own county then please, oh please USE A CAPITAL "Y"

Sorry I only use capitals for people I like [:p][:D]

I am no fan of his. But when will all this rubbish end when we are all watching Andy Pandy. And even gods country has to have some s*** [}:)].
 

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
11,298
I dont get it, they find that comment could possibly offend, but yet this didnt get a mention?






















Datafile11.asp



Classic episode too!! lol
 

pool_fodder

Regular member
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
928
I live in Doncaster where that dick heads family once ruled over the lower classes, it shows what a ponce he really is, he's offensive through and through, his humor is very cheap and he borders on bullying in some cases. What a horrible man. I watch top gear, but he kills me.
 

hookit

Account Locked
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
1
Originally posted by pool_fodder

I live in Doncaster where that dick heads family once ruled over the lower classes, it shows what a ponce he really is, he's offensive through and through, his humor is very cheap and he borders on bullying in some cases. What a horrible man. I watch top gear, but he kills me.

Get real and chill. He makes more fun of himself then anyone else. He sets himself up for his co presenters to have a joke on him. I think we have what is known as jealousy here or even envy?? [:D]
 

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
4,761
Think he is a top bloke - read all the books etc. Very funny and kind of matches my sence of humour. May Mr Clarkson live forever!!!!

Benji mate ya talkin out of your butt!
 

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1
Quote "I live in Doncaster where that dick heads family once ruled over the lower classes, it shows what a ponce he really is, he's offensive through and through, his humor is very cheap and he borders on bullying in some cases. What a horrible man. I watch top gear, but he kills me".



Im in total agreement Mucker. He,s another one of those arogant p****s who have made a living out of having zero talent and bucket's full of ignorance.
 

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
15,831
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Quote "I live in Doncaster where that dick heads family once ruled over the lower classes, it shows what a ponce he really is, he's offensive through and through, his humor is very cheap and he borders on bullying in some cases. What a horrible man. I watch top gear, but he kills me".



Im in total agreement Mucker. He,s another one of those arogant p****s who have made a living out of having zero talent and bucket's full of ignorance.

After reading what has been posted on this thread it would seem the assumed ignorance is shared by a few posters.

Arrogance is not a crime, and if you bothered to read his books or his newspaper column you would have some idea of his talent for the written word.
 

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1
Quote from GeoffP

"Arrogance is not a crime, and if you bothered to read his books or his newspaper column you would have some idea of his talent for the written word".


Arogance and ignorance may well not be crime,s Geoff but they are hardly endeering qualities either, not in my book anyway. Its not a case of "bothering" to read his books or his column.
I have read articles in the past by him and Ive seen his programmes and listened to his views on various radio interviews. Thats how I came by my opinion in the first place.
I wouldnt wish to read a book by him. Why would someone want to read a book written by an author they dont like??
 

pool_fodder

Regular member
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
928
That's if he writes the column himself, who knows he could pay someone to write it for him, like most do with the books they DON'T WRITE but make out they do. I just don't like the man, I heard him say something bad about Doncaster people years ago and I have found it hard to shake off, I can not remember what the comment was now, although I thought at the time "you effing ponce" and that's stuck with me to this day, "THE EFFING BIG HEADED PONCE"
 

hookit

Account Locked
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
1
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Quote Arogance and ignorance may well not be crime,s Geoff but they are hardly endeering qualities either, not in my book anyway. Its not a case of "bothering" to read his books or his column.
I have read articles in the past by him and Ive seen his programmes and listened to his views on various radio interviews. Thats how I came by my opinion in the first place.
I wouldnt wish to read a book by him. Why would someone want to read a book written by an author they dont like??

Barry mate it is a front, many people enjoy his shall we say humour. But you are not made to watch him turn over or off. I started this tread to show how Ofcom waste money on looking into rubbish. Getting all worked up over nothing. And I think it is our tas that pay for Ofcom. There are far worse things on TV and we accept it without blinking an eye. And as Geoff stats his books are very good as are his newspaper columns.
 

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1
Hookit Im not worked up in any way, shape or form mate. I dont watch him. I dont like him. Its as simple as that.
Ive made an opinion off what I have seen,read and heard from him in the past as we all do with "celebrities".
If someone else does then let them get on with it.
I promise sleep wont be lost or disturbed in the least [:D].
 

Benji

Account Locked
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
1
Originally posted by Enigma

Think he is a top bloke - read all the books etc. Very funny and kind of matches my sence of humour. May Mr Clarkson live forever!!!!

Benji mate ya talkin out of your butt!

Read some of his book, just didnt hold my interest, his column in the magazines, no. Where as I look forward to my monthly copy of evo arriving. The only good bit of journalism Jezaa has done is the VC programme, and the St Nazaire naval raid, both excellent.
 

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 8, 2001
Messages
5,371
I have read his books, seen his DVd's and TV shows.

Ignorance, Don't think so there Blokey. He has a sense of humour and a very quick and informative mind.

As for the jibe on Ginger Beer, that is just some jumped up leftie with nothing else better to do than make trouble about nothing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top