Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Maverick

Site Supporter
Considering buying one of these as could do with a 7 seater. Also the need to get my 6ft rod bags & tackle in. Anyone got one and can you recommend them? Second hand prices don't appear to bad compared to other more expensive brands.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
True story.

Chap I used to work with bought a Citroën Picasso from a lady who used to run her pack of dogs around in it.
He brought it to work and we went to have a look at it and on first inspection it looked great. Opinion soon changed when he opened the door and the powerful smell of urine hit us.
"Nah,not a problem as I am having it cleaned and new mats fitted-it was a bargain"

Six months later without any chat the vehicle was sold without warning.

We suspect we know the reason why but six months of "how's the Pi**casso going didn't help. ???

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Always prefered the original, the Renault espace, whip out the back seats and you've got the perfect fishing wagon, lift the bootlid, superglue press studs around it put some fasteners on a tilt/canvas etc and you've got the perfect mobile bivvy on wheels with extended "living" area.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Its French... it'll break

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I used to own a C5 estate, went all over the country with it for work, great engine, think mine was the 2.2 HDi, had over 225,000 miles on it when I parted with it and the engine was still as sweet as a nut and very very quick with decent mpg

As an estate car, it was a much better drive than the Mondeo estates that followed it, I've had 3 mondeos since and they all drive great but the C5 was a much better drivers car

Kev86

Brilliant car I had the 1.6 diesel, really economical, plenty of room, the only thing I would say wrong about them is that they are a bit heavy on tyres.

Kev

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
I have had a 1.6 for the last 5 years as a fishing wagon. Absolutely brilliant. I can get two lots of match fishing tackle in comfortably. I have a PI Monster rod holdall that takes 4 rods made up and around 10 tubes( heavy to lift) and can get this in with no adjustments to seats. My seats are permanently down now as I find it easier to leave them down and get them up if required. Absolutely seatboxes and couple of net bags and eva bags. If I am on my own I even leave my Trolley made up and just take the handles off.

Great car, And would I get another, definately

Garbox

Considering buying one of these as could do with a 7 seater. Also the need to get my 6ft rod bags & tackle in. Anyone got one and can you recommend them? Second hand prices don't appear to bad compared to other more expensive brands.
Hi, Had one for a good few years - great lugger & comfortable - but like a lot of french cars prone to electrical faults - namely electronic handbrake issues - injector issues - replaced 2 - not cheap!- boot trim/tailgate lift Is too flimsy & see a lot of older ones with this damaged.
On the whole though if you get the right priced car they are generally great tackle wagons - 1.6hdi is pretty economical - but like Ive said watchout out for handbrake issues.
Personally next time round I'd probably go down the berlingo/ van route.
Hope this helps.

Maverick

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the imput lads. Favourable comments from those that have owned one. Time to go shopping :)

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Had a C4 Spacetourer as a rental whilst my company astra estate was in the garage, hated the thing, was like driving a bouncy castle through treacle. And that's really bad coming from someone who drives an astra estate.

biggsy

Site Supporter
Great for fishing with seats down, the two rear extra seats are a bit tight unless used for kids.
Useless in even a dusting of snow as the front wings are all plastic.

Corn Master

They're good for keeping chickens in. I did a job on a house once and the broken down Picasso was used to house some Brown Leghorns. The chap said said "well it is French"
Get a Transporter
20190708_155823.jpg

Simon R

Site Supporter
I had the Xsara Picasso and was really worried when I bought it due to the usual tales of French unreliability.
Nine year old when I bought it for £1200 with 75,000 on the clock - sold it for £200 five and a half years later with 140,000 on the clock - it only cost me a new clutch and two rotten sills and other than when the clutch went (200 yards from home) never let me down, failed to start or failed to get me where I was going.
Very nearly bought another one earlier this year before going for a Tucson instead.

Simon

WAWAW71

just dont get the exclusive model that has air suspension, twice had to have new air bags, first time Citroen paid 50% of the bill as there was a known fault, went again 18 months later and cost me £500 & couldn't get anything from Citroen as they said it was wear & tear my ar*e other than that iv'e had it 6 years loads of room for gear, hardly any problems other than the air bags.

bezzer

An alternative to a Picasso........
My wife has a Pug 5008. Seats 6 and 7 are folded into the floor of the boot. With the middle row folded flat it's cavernous.
It has the 1.6Hdi engine, it's done 158k miles and hasn't missed a beat in the 110k miles she's put on it. In 6 years of ownership it's only needed the usual consumables - brakes, tyres and servicing, it's bombproof.

biggsy

Site Supporter
An alternative to a Picasso........
My wife has a Pug 5008. Seats 6 and 7 are folded into the floor of the boot. With the middle row folded flat it's cavernous.
It has the 1.6Hdi engine, it's done 158k miles and hasn't missed a beat in the 110k miles she's put on it. In 6 years of ownership it's only needed the usual consumables - brakes, tyres and servicing, it's bombproof.
Same as the Citroen seats 6 and 7 never used and with the middle row down it does have some space for today's tackle.
I bought it from new in 2007 along with a C2 for her indoors and apart from a new battery on the C2 and the usual ball joints, tyres etc
they have been fine. Guess we been lucky:)

Maverick

Site Supporter
A VW Transporter or Caravelle would have been my first choice but even old ones fetch silly money. The Peugot 5008 was another contender on my list, I do like them. The citroens just seem that little bit cheaper and more of them available (maybe for a good reason?)

Appreciate all the replies guys it helps me to form a better opinion of what I maybe should or shouldn't go for (y)