CHUB FISHING....WHO CARES ABOUT PETROL EH LOL

HALTON DANGLER

In this weeks vlog we go on a bit of a road trip,over night rain saw the river ribble rise and when we arrived she was flying through, in the car and we swapped lancashire for cheshire and the river dane. Hoping for some chub i began feeding maggot and hemp. The wind a nightmare gusting downstream and in gusts it made presentation and filming hard. I hope you enjoy this weeks vlog. if you are at NAS tomorrow i will be on the Lymm angling stall come over and say hi, i will be the one reppin mybrand new maggot drowners hoodie :)

HALTON DANGLER

cheers peeps, its the lower dane this one but i fish from here up to holes chapel mainly, remember all my fishing is not in the vlogs i do go just fishing sometimes without the camera. deffo lucky escape and i think with a pike as well. i didnt back shot you know and its somthing i do when pole fishing but never on the stick, i would go heavier on the float or change the style of float first never even thought of it, nice one mate will deffo be trying it next time

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
cheers peeps, its the lower dane this one but i fish from here up to holes chapel mainly, remember all my fishing is not in the vlogs i do go just fishing sometimes without the camera. deffo lucky escape and i think with a pike as well. i didnt back shot you know and its somthing i do when pole fishing but never on the stick, i would go heavier on the float or change the style of float first never even thought of it, nice one mate will deffo be trying it next time
If Frank Barlow ever saw me fish a stick without back shot he'd have clipped me around my lug hole mate. Even with an up stream wind he would always use two to three back shots. Nice vid as always Danny. Thank you. ?

HALTON DANGLER

No problem at all matey, if the rivers ever become within their banks again I will deffo be giving this a try for sure, the amount I have learnt over the years of this forum is unreal, top man

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Only ever fished the Dane once, somewhere around Holmes Chapel (I was taken as a guest). Very narrow & shallow stretch but I had some lovely chub on the stick.
Was fishing caster & kept getting gudgeon. Kept adding a caster until I ended up with 4 on the hook & then I started hitting chub to 3lb. Would love another day on the Dane.

HALTON DANGLER

Next season as this ones pretty much a washout now on the dane, drop me a pm mate and once I have found a consistent area I will let you know mate and can go on and relive some memories.

trotter2

Nice fishing Danny. Looks like you worked them out to me. Funny some times you catch and really struggle to make it work against the wind. But come back to have another go on a day with no wind perfect conditions but fail to catch half the amount. That's fishing I suppose.
Good to see, nice one.

HALTON DANGLER

your not wrong there trotter, I hav found it more so in pike fishing to be honest, theres a spot on the canal I fish and, apart from this year, when ever we have had a storm I have gone there as on perfect days you struggle but get a wild day and get the leads out with a dead bait on I have had some of my best days piking.