Chub eating Blackberries

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I used to use them cut in half then hair rigged.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have caught a chub on a blackberry as it happens!

Jack perks videos are great, I watch most of them and they do provide a great insight in fish behaviour. I mostly fish to be in amongst and close to nature so find stuff like that really interesting.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I used to use them cut in half then hair rigged.

That's why I was watching these videos, to study how Chub feed, not having a 'protractable' mouth, whether a hair rig is going to work for them.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@RedhillPhil I always look forward to the elderberry and tares season when the roach have seen enough hemp for 6 weeks or so for that sort of stuff to work on the hook. Finally gives you the opportunity to avoid bleak! I can fairly contently put up with them for those first few weeks of the season but by the time August roles around it is nice to have a break from them lol

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
That's why I was watching these videos, to study how Chub feed, not having a 'protractable' mouth, whether a hair rig is going to work for them.
I was always taught straight hooking for chub🤷‍♂️

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
What I'm hoping when I do try it, maybe on Sunday, is that the Chub are the usual big ones 3lb+ and gobble the whole lot down as usually I get a lot 'phantom bites' even on maggot, really good ones that you think, how could I miss that?

MarkW

I found chub coughing up rose hips a couple of years ago under a bush that had them.

Already catching on tares on the river this season.