Chub. A Good Start to 2022

Truly

Site Supporter
Out on the Nene this morning, travelling light and hoping for Chub.
Nene was flowing at pace, lots of colour with a brisk downstream wind. I fished a 1oz bomb, which barely held bottom. Size 8 longshank hook with crushed barb and luncheon meat the size of my thumb.
There was quite a lot of small pieces of shredded weed that gave false knocks until it built up enough to cause a false drop-back, so lots of concentration needed to spot the real bites.
I caught this 3.1lbs Chub that put up one heck of a fight in the flow. Beautiful wild fish in pristine condition and my PB so far. Good start to the new year. (y) :D

01.01.22 Nassington Chub 3.1lbs..JPG

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
A nice way to start the year well done 👍🏻

Did well to hold bottom with 1oz would need at least 3oz to hold here atm I’d have thought as it just keeps raining!

CJROSCOW

Clint
Site Supporter
Great stuff. Ill be having my first crack at the river chub for 2022 tomorrow.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Lovely looking chub that Squire, well done on managing to fish with a 1 Oz lead. (y)

Keep saying to myself, must get out for a roving session after chub on the Trent.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Only 40 minutes drive for me, is it a day ticket stretch ?

Truly

Site Supporter
Lovely looking chub that Squire, well done on managing to fish with a 1 Oz lead. (y)

Keep saying to myself, must get out for a roving session after chub on the Trent.
Thanks @Scribe . I would like to wax lyrical and say that I balanced the weight to the flow blah blah etc. 🤥. Truth is that the 1oz bomb is the heaviest I possess and I didn't want to use a feeder.:rolleyes::oops:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Don't think I have any leads under 3 Oz for the Trent. :D

corbyclubman

Nassington to Elton footbridge. (y)
Not fished Elton ironbridge as I used to know it as since I was a kid, well done.
Do you ever fish church, remember that as a chub hotspot when you get, any idea where abouts CE is on the nene ?