Christmas in the Ads world ?

mickthechippy

23/04/2008 - 25/12/2021
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Sat there sitting last night, watching Waterloo

kept getting the adverts come up about the coming Xmas celebrations

now I remember good christmases as a kid while i was still all wide eyed and later when the nippers were at home

but Ive never had a christmas quite like what they portray it in the telly adverts, it seems like a different world to me,

have I missed out or summat or is it just fantasy ?

genesis

Account Locked
Fantasy Island Mick. You never see anyone arguing at all. And when the dinner is served it all arrives perfect and at the same time with no stress and big smiles everywhere.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Fantasy Island Mick. You never see anyone arguing at all. And when the dinner is served it all arrives perfect and at the same time with no stress and big smiles everywhere.

Just like my house except for Albert trying to shag me leg :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter

Sounds like our house. 10 or 11 round the table. The Boss produces a perfect roast turkey dinner. Happy family and happy days.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Chrimbo at me Nan's cos me mum was in hospital having my brother and me Dad was in the far East on Duty... me and me sis woke up and emptied our socks that grandad had put on the end of the bed, me Nan was looking after our little brother as he was still a babby... me and sis had tangerines, hazelnuts and chocs in the stockings... I got a Bayko building block set and sis got a dolls house... Dinner with my grandparents and their youngest my Uncle Billy Turkey, hard boiled sprouts and told to be quiet for the Queens speech and then the turkey sarnies at 6 o'clock and in bed by 8... missed Mum and Dad... miss em more now they're both gone

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Never had a christmas like an advert... its just the dream of what a perfect christmas should be, many people don't have a christmas as we would...

The Landlord

Site Supporter
....father in law dropping the whole tray of roasties on the floor. Sister bringing out the tray of invidual xmas puds.....unfortunately the daft cow had taken the wrappers off them & it was just a tray of xmas pud flavoured liquid.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I cook christmas dinner and I like to think I do a decent job. As I see it I am slave for the day and if everyone has had a good
day then I have had a good day.

squimp

Site Supporter
When I was at uni my dream job was to be an advertising copy writer.

Seeing as I’m a pessimist, my Christmas ad would have involved Scrooge and then the turkey catching fire in the oven (which did actually happen once when I was a kid!).

Lucky I never actually applied the job !

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Christmas, as far as I remember, used to be all the males stinking of pheasant and turkey guts, my mother pi$$ed and argumentative, the aunts and uncles wishing they’d never agreed to yet another alcohol fuelled day sat round the same table that they’d sheltered under a few years earlier. Every family Christmas I can remember always started off with good intentions but rapidly descended into a day of grief for all concerned until the main protagonists passed out from whatever excess they chose for the ‘festive’ season!

I was bloody glad I was out of it as soon as I was old enough to find some excuse not to be there.

Bah, humbug!

tonerain

Site Supporter
In the ads, I'm amazed how many white families there are with West Indian and Asian members. And wheelchair users.
God forbid they should miss anyone out...............

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
On a slight tangent about tellybox advertising.
Have you noticed that when floor or surface cleaners are being advertising people have got a kitchen half the size of an aircraft hanger.