Christmas Break Fishing

62tucker

Site Supporter
Its got its own small caravan park now tucker, its nice to chat with the tourists from all over the country ( in better times! )
There was touring vans on and 1 static to rent near shop. Was it Roy the owner? Me and son went 5 days in a row. Food from cafe for dinner most days. Pegs 7,8,9 were best but caught from all pegs. 5C9A3CBC-9739-41BF-9BE3-A2C441D0914D.jpeg 4A986761-145E-4686-AF4D-47FA7A55D0B3.jpeg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Silverfisher nice one. maybe it has got to the point that too much cold water has gone in and the roach have switched off? I'm in Chesham, Bucks.
I reckon that's probably right. Cold or high water is one thing but both at once as we've had a few times recently does to knacker it

Ah yes I know Chesham, not that far from marlow there where the Thames temporarily creeps into bucks. Gives you an option I guess. No idea though what the chess, bulborne and whatever the river is in Wycombe are like around there.

alsur

Site Supporter
I reckon that's probably right. Cold or high water is one thing but both at once as we've had a few times recently does to knacker it

Ah yes I know Chesham, not that far from marlow there where the Thames temporarily creeps into bucks. Gives you an option I guess. No idea though what the chess, bulborne and whatever the river is in Wycombe are like around there.
Berkshire is in Tier 4 so plenty of Thames in Tier 4, Paul is about same distance from one of my Clubs water at Datchet than I am, difficult to know what is considered to far to drive especially if other venues which might not be so good are nearer.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Berkshire is in Tier 4 so plenty of Thames in Tier 4, Paul is about same distance from one of my Clubs water at Datchet than I am, difficult to know what is considered to far to drive especially if other venues which might not be so good are nearer.
That’s a good point didn’t really think about going from one tier 4 to another. I know what you mean about difficulty judging distance. I can get to all my thames stretches in under half an hour which I think is absolutely fine but even before bucks and warks went into the higher tiers I didn’t fish the Ouse or Avon as they’re getting to the 40-50 minute drive mark which I think is too far under the circumstances.

alsur

Site Supporter
That’s a good point didn’t really think about going from one tier 4 to another. I know what you mean about difficulty judging distance. I can get to all my thames stretches in under half an hour which I think is absolutely fine but even before bucks and warks went into the higher tiers I didn’t fish the Ouse or Avon as they’re getting to the 40-50 minute drive mark which I think is too far under the circumstances.
Yes I think 40 to 50 minutes is probably to far, I live near Border of 3 counties in fact my local river is border unfortunately all stretches I can fish are on wrong bank.

rudd

Site Supporter
now fishing 2 matches @ suffolk water park between xmas and new year as its still tier 2 the same as me and colemans matches cancelled as tier 4 and i will be popping up the pier at some point as well as have a 24hr ticket
Say Hello to the Browning Wickford lads for me 😉

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
There was touring vans on and 1 static to rent near shop. Was it Roy the owner? Me and son went 5 days in a row. Food from cafe for dinner most days. Pegs 7,8,9 were best but caught from all pegs. 5C9A3CBC-9739-41BF-9BE3-A2C441D0914D.jpeg 4A986761-145E-4686-AF4D-47FA7A55D0B3.jpeg
Nice one mate. Ray is the owner. I live in the village so its really handy for me , to be honest its only occasionally I go elsewhere since retiring from work and the fishing is varied on all three lakes