Christmas Break Fishing

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Certainly will do, was there last Saturday on silvers match, bit different to what I normally do but had a cracking day 40lb of all sorts, bites all day, winner had 70lb,, I hooked 6 carp landed 1 🙈 the buggers,,, dare I say the best winter silvers venue in the country? 🤔😁 kev certainly knows his stuff, top angler an bloke to speak to,,
Shush. Don’t tell everyone. 🤣🤣. It is mate. Cracking venue. The carp in Kev’s ponds are scale perfect. A lot of that is down to the two lads that weigh you in and how careful they are while doing so. But, as you know carp aren’t the only fish in his ponds. He has some humongous perch in that large lake. I bet he’s got some over 4lb now. And they are beautiful looking fish. Vibrant colours. Simply a great place to fish. Like I say Carp attack .... have a cracking session matey. 👍

JayD

I very much doubt it, my licence expired on the 10th of November and I haven't really felt the urge to renew it yet, too much other stuff going on. However, this could change at very short notice.

John.

Billy the fish 1954

Usually have a session Boxing Day on local club water, waiting on COVID test as son has tested positive me and the mrs are both on Boris shielding, fingers and legs crossed, the lad is getting over it and his family are untouched,

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I will be out on the river for a few lunchtime sessions - just organising myself & getting a little spinning rod for a bit of light perch chasing on lures (first time) following the guidance of the MD’ers

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I was planning to. Booked myself on a canal match for the 17th. `Been to plastic therapy dressings today though & they've given me a new splint & told me no driving :(

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Will be fishing in the morning. Van’s all loaded and ready to go. Maggots in the fridge. I’m expecting perch and f1s. Will be my last trip out before Christmas and then busy over the weekend. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week will be my next trip.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Probably between Christmas and New year for me, if the weather (and Bo-Jo) allows it. Might travel light and do a bit of peg/lake hopping.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Knock up today, probably a pleasure session Thursday then no plans.

I'll let the weather dictate.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Christmas match today, then I think the local commercials are shut over the Christmas period, so it will depend on the weather and conditions with the river, but I hope to get out a few times. It’s the only regular time off I have.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Yep no cars....hover boards, walking or cycling to venues is OK though.....ffs
Absolutely stupid, I can ride a bike for 50 miles yet I can't load my fishing kit in the car and drive 3 miles to fish on my own, I can however drive those same 3 miles and go to a crowded supermarket with absolutely no restrictions on numbers or social distancing

rudd

Site Supporter
i only have the 3 days in between off, sea fishing this sat morning as 2am HT Friday night/sat morning, sea fishing sunday evening as 6pm HT, then two matches on the 28th and 31st but planning on sea fishing boxing day as well
Ginger - I think you have tides all wrong if fishing Suffolk/Essex?
2.30am Sat morning = low tide Felixstowe, 3am Clacton low tide
High tide Sunday evening 22:00 fxt and 22.30 Clacton

Or are you elsewhere?

rudd

Site Supporter
Going tomorrow whilst warm mild air is here.
Then going xmas eve when weather's getting chilly.
Maybe Sun/Mon, possibly Tuesday.
Wed - looks like a beach day session.
Thu - a possible lure session
Working new years eve
Will have a session new years day then probably the Sat and Sunday as well.

Alot of fishing before national full lockdown happens for a month or so 😯

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I spoke to 2 commercials in the Oxon area recently who both said the 27th Dec is usually their busy day of the year..so I’ll be avoiding that day but hoping to get a session in between Christmas and New year. I might even pop onto Lens lake at Miltons Pool. I’m off until the 4th Jan so hopefully will her at least 1 or 2 chances..

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
that was for last week fella so tides have been and gone lol

Ginger - I think you have tides all wrong if fishing Suffolk/Essex?
2.30am Sat morning = low tide Felixstowe, 3am Clacton low tide
High tide Sunday evening 22:00 fxt and 22.30 Clacton

Or are you elsewhere?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not sure I will now as the Thames is a day or two off being in flood so probably be January before it’s fishable again and turns cold next week just to make things worse. Might go down the canal though just to get out although won’t expect to catch anything if it goes as cold as it’s forecast.

alsur

Site Supporter
Not sure I will now as the Thames is a day or two off being in flood so probably be January before it’s fishable again and turns cold next week just to make things worse. Might go down the canal though just to get out although won’t expect to catch anything if it goes as cold as it’s forecast.
The Thames can fish very well when it's carrying a lot of extra water and colour, just have to choose a suitable swim.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Canal up towards Kidlington is ok.
I was going to have a look at Thames at Sandford to see what that is like,