Christmas adverts

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
First week of November and the Christmas ads have started already ?
Or am I just being miserable ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

Wait while next week, then the holiday ads for next year will start. No wonder I'm going grey.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Always look out for the Famous Grouse one. It's a good one this year as it actully changes colour and is verbal. I saw it first on 30th October.
Now waiting for the coke one.
By the way there is I believe 4 Christmas channels now running on sky.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There's a couple on Freeview been running for a couple of weeks now.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Yes mate, you are just being miserable:p We don't have much else to look forward to after October so let's milk Christmas for all it's worth and enjoy a much longer build up; Stay Positive(y)(y)(y)

62tucker

Site Supporter
It’s November now so when will we see the 1st xmas tree up ? Not in a shop. In a house

62tucker

Site Supporter
I surprised Greta thunderbird isn’t campaigning against the use of real Xmas trees

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I surprised Greta thunderbird isn’t campaigning against the use of real Xmas trees
But she is whining on how she's going to get back to Europe from the Americas. She doesn't seem to realise that there's a purpose to all of those fuel efficient Boeing's and Airbusses.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have to put my christmas decorations up next week. Trogg and his family are coming over for a week and he will whine like an old woman if they are not up !

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Think Christmas adverts are fair enough after bonfire night, is a pretty bleak time of year aside from Christmas so might as well milk it a bit to make the most of it. As for the decorations going up in the house tend to do it first full weekend of December which I believe is 7th-8th this year.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Week before Christmas then down on the 30th. We're going away on the 31st and don't want to come back to them.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Up just before the grandchildren visit to collect their pressies down before new years day.

Dusty

Think Christmas adverts are fair enough after bonfire night, is a pretty bleak time of year aside from Christmas so might as well milk it a bit to make the most of it. As for the decorations going up in the house tend to do it first full weekend of December which I believe is 7th-8th this year.

I agree, there is too much negativity in the world anyway without people moaning about when people put their Christmas decs up.
God forbid I’m not as cantankerous when I get older ?
We usually put ours up 1st December or thereabouts, nothing tacky just a nice tree and a few lights/baubles.

Gwillim

Your guess is as good as ours this year in our house lol as this house wont be our house come Christmas!
House purchase exchange is end of November on the new house, but then the builders are going in to do a variety of small jobs, then the painters and decorators are going in to decorate top to bottom, then we will move in ................... so when the decorations will go up if they go up will be anyone's guess lol

Christmas does worry me though not for myself but for others as these days there is so much pressure on parents and families to provide the latest tech and so on many take out credit and get themselves into debt when really Christmas should be about celebrating, enjoying family and having time together not about what is received.