Christian Eriksen

davylad

Site Supporter
When I saw it I thought he was maybe having some kind of a seizure, I really did fear the worst. Hopefully he will make a full recovery, so upsetting for his family and friends in particular.

david white

Site Supporter
I also posted this in the Euro just for fun in the football forum, hope it’s ok to copy into here
Kind of brings home how fragile we all are really

Feel a tad better than a couple of hours ago, I sincerely hope for the very best recovery for him ( great player was the kingpin for Spurs during his time there ) feeling a whole lot better than when it happened

Food for thought make the best of each and every day life’s so precious ( and much too short )
Good health everyone

Whisker

Site Supporter
I also posted this in the Euro just for fun in the football forum, hope it’s ok to copy into here
Kind of brings home how fragile we all are really

Feel a tad better than a couple of hours ago, I sincerely hope for the very best recovery for him ( great player was the kingpin for Spurs during his time there ) feeling a whole lot better than when it happened

Food for thought make the best of each and every day life’s so precious ( and much too short )
Good health everyone
And, dare I say it… don’t worry 😉

TRFC2000

Site Supporter
Fantastic player cannot believe the played the game surely should have been called a draw

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Gary Lineker made a good valid point. He said that IF this problem, whatever it is, was always going to happen, what better place than in a stadium with all the medical facilities and personnel to hand. Good point made I reckon

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Seems quite similar to the James Taylor incident a few years ago. Very lucky to be ok by the sounds of it.

bluemack

Site Supporter
How come Muggins and Crakatoa,s posts are exact the same word for word ? is there a glitch? just curious. :) :)

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
I bet his chest is sore after those compressions, didn't see a de-fib being used but l suspect it was. Lucky man, if it had happened at home or on a street the outcome could have been so different.
Speedy recovery.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I bet his chest is sore after those compressions, didn't see a de-fib being used but l suspect it was. Lucky man, if it had happened at home or on a street the outcome could have been so different.
Speedy recovery.
Yes mate. They did use a de - fib on him. 😩

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
hopefully he’ll be ok.
not nice to see but on the other hand showing it on tv shows what need to be done, how it’s done and life’s can be saved.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
There are public access de-fibs all over the place these days. if the midden hits the windmill, would you know what to do with one?
If not, don't you think you should find out?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be fair you don't need to know how to use one as they give verbal instructions to the user. They're designed for the complete novice to use in an emergency.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
^^^ they were saying that a few week back on the radio. The phone operator talks you through step by step.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
There are public access de-fibs all over the place these days. if the midden hits the windmill, would you know what to do with one?
If not, don't you think you should find out?
Been there a couple of times mate, even got an old lady back, 3 shocks 3 no shocks before paramedics arrived.

So easy to use, you cannot shock somedody who doesn't require shocking. Should be part of every First Aid at work course.

rudd

Site Supporter
Gary Lineker made a good valid point. He said that IF this problem, whatever it is, was always going to happen, what better place than in a stadium with all the medical facilities and personnel to hand. Good point made I reckon
I did think a hospital is a much better option.
After much though, probably not - waiting times are horrendously long!

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Cardiac arrest is extremely time critical and anything that speeds up response Is likely to improve the outcome. The middle of a life and death emergency is not the best time to think for the first time about how to use a bit of kit.
I am not suggesting that everyone should go off on training courses, but it takes little effort to familiarize yourself with the basics online, or from books.
AEDTurn | Safety Pub UK (the first section)
Defibrillation is not the only element in basic life support and even a little understanding could save a life