Chorley Springs near Lichfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

hancocka

Hi All,

Im thinking of going to the above for a session, does anyone know anything about the place? I cant seem to find anything on the fourm search although they do have a website.

Thanks

Andy.

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
i had a look the other day for here , couldnt find much info but its only been open a month or so under the new owners ......keep us posted if you go

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

T K

Bum Draw Master
And me please Hancocka [:W] - i'm interested in another match venue on our doorstep [:T]

jukebox1

Went a walk around this morning and had a chat with the guys fishing and it seems to be slow at present as the fish hav,nt been fished for for a number of years apparently? it used to be a syndi water and now it has been taken over to be run as a commercial. It is a very pretty place and looks like it needs a bit of time to mature due to the work that has been done to bring it up to scratch. The speci pool seems to be hard going though and a few anglers were having a whinge as no one caught during the last 24 hours and were saying it was a waste of 19 but I,ll give it a bash at some point soon to see for myself. One word of advice though is that the parking is on fields at present and it looks like it could be a bitch to get out of if the ground is wet [xx(]

mightycee

Im planning on hitting the specimen pool on thursaday, has anyone fished it since these last posts went up? I had a look around yesterday and two chaps on the speci pool said they hadnt had a bite but on saying that they had only been there for 2 hours when i got there. I noticed the parking is a bit of a nightmare as is the bloody sheep! 3 bolted when i opened the gate and i had to try my hand at rounding them up.

mightycee

I caught a big fat nothing!! It was a dreadful day from start to finish. First my flask leaked all over the back seat of my car leaving me with 1 cup of tea. then the handle fell off the back door of my motor. then my baiting needle snapped then i realised id forgotten my spoon so i couldnt eat my yoghurt!!! And to top it off i caught sod all!!! Oh well!! theres always next time!! :)

ausmac

ive fished there twice the first time was a few weeks ago and couldnt go wrong fantastic day loads of tench carp and bream all over 2 lbs , then went again with my 12 yr old son about a week ago and niether one of us got a bite and we spent all day there till early evening . so i suppose you just gotta be on the rite day lol,. that was on the top coarse pool , have spoke to people fishing specimn carp pool and theres bin not much to say , a couple of guys had been there for 4 days and only had 1 15lb mirror . its a hard place to find but is a great place to fish theres no motorways or main roads so besides the sheep its a very quiet and pieceful place werth a try .

Status
Not open for further replies.