Chopped worm thingy

Browner

Site Supporter
What is the thing called with a cord that you pull which rotates a blade in an enclosed container that people use for chopped worm etc.
Also can it be used for chopped meat or would it get clogged up.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Chop up worms or corn very easily the cheap ones dont last very long as the blades blunt quickly or the cord fails.
Meat would be mushed up I would think but never tried it.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

Nicky Dodds

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Cresta scissors are best for chopping worms, seen plenty of sponsored anglers on videos using them too. The only ‘pro’ I’ve ever seen use the chord pull device (I tried one but didn’t get on with it) is Darren Cox.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Having just returned from a feeder festival and an any method festival in Northern Ireland most anglers used them, you could hear them wizzing away on most pegs, not essential but they make the job much easier.

davylad

Site Supporter
On the odd occasion I fish worm, I find them perfect for the job. Just keep having a look, and if need be give it another pull or two.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Okay, confession time…………..about 35 years ago I was worm daft and had some lovely chub from the Trent on huge lobworms (hooked once through the middle). However, I put a hook in one and it ‘flinched’, I thought “it felt that” and I have never used a worm since. I am surprised the ‘anti’s’ have not latched on to the practice of chopping worms, liquidising them etc.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Okay, confession time…………..about 35 years ago I was worm daft and had some lovely chub from the Trent on huge lobworms (hooked once through the middle). However, I put a hook in one and it ‘flinched’, I thought “it felt that” and I have never used a worm since. I am surprised the ‘anti’s’ have not latched on to the practice of chopping worms, liquidising them etc.
Maggots scream at 30,000hz meaning humans cannot hear them 🤔

Browner

Site Supporter
Any worse than spraying a fly with fly spray, waking a daddy long legs with a paper, squishing a spider or put ant powder down etc.

baggy

Mark Saunders
What is the thing called with a cord that you pull which rotates a blade in an enclosed container that people use for chopped worm etc.
Also can it be used for chopped meat or would it get clogged up.
I’ve got one of the blenders but it’s not as good as the cresta scissors as you can’t really control the size of the chopped worm. The blenders are fine if you just want mush. Also a word of warning with the blenders, I know several people who have ended in ED with nasty cuts after trying to clean them!

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I’ve got one of the blenders but it’s not as good as the cresta scissors as you can’t really control the size of the chopped worm. The blenders are fine if you just want mush. Also a word of warning with the blenders, I know several people who have ended in ED with nasty cuts after trying to clean them!
Not as nasty as it would be if you didn’t clean it and the wife wanted to make a cake😱😱😱

Browner

Site Supporter
Just tried my new choppy thing on some meat for tomorrow. Brilliant. Done two lots, the first lot was a bit finer than the second lot. Love the control you have over the coarseness. This lot is for bream fishing but I think it would be great to put in a feeder with likky bread for chub on the river.
Also think it would make a great toasted spam sandwich.