Choon of the day

crackatoa

Site Supporter
is it true that drugs ruined the scene? or did disco kill it off?
Drugs didn't ruin it at all. The music evolved. A few venues and DJ's like Ian Levine at Blackpool Mecca, the lads at Cleethorpes and varios others embraced the Disco and Funk music that was being produced in the mid 70's.
It's still massive now with plenty of events happening all over the country. All-Dayers and All-Nighters. Obviously Covid has put a halt to all of it, unfortunately.
If you're interested in the music you could do worse than check out this online radio channel...

commieboy257

Drugs didn't ruin it at all. The music evolved. A few venues and DJ's like Ian Levine at Blackpool Mecca, the lads at Cleethorpes and varios others embraced the Disco and Funk music that was being produced in the mid 70's.
It's still massive now with plenty of events happening all over the country. All-Dayers and All-Nighters. Obviously Covid has put a halt to all of it, unfortunately.
If you're interested in the music you could do worse than check out this online radio channel...

I remember watching a documentary on it with a chap who used to run the all nighers at Cleethorpes, I think. quite interesting. pity I'm dancing-ly challenged.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Know it's not summer anymore but this is deep house at its finest and perfectly autumnal to me.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
What I have just finished listening to. It tells the story of the death of the legendary opera singer Enrico Caruso, as he says goodbye to his young wife.
Stunning vocals.