Choices Woodlands or Oaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimmo

Zimmo
Right,

I am probably going fishing this saturday. Thinking of either going to Woodlands or the Oaks. I have fished the Oaks before, but was a downpour. Now I am after some bigger carp this time around. So I am in a pickle of which one to go to.

Could you all give me some advice, which would be best, do you know how each is fishing, which pegs to fish, bait etc.. all the usual.

Also, if anyone is going let me know.

Thanks for the advice all!

Barry

---------------------------------------
Visit the new website for our
favourite venue......
Renny Lake : http://www.rennylake.co.uk

adam

woodlands definately if your after bigger carp fish a corner peg on partridge (with the wind blowing into it if possible)if you fish a polefish pellet and paste at 11 meters tight to the boards down the side of the lake with a minimum of a 12 laccy and fish straight infront of you between 13 and 16 meters up in the water feeding caster and a little bit of meat every 20 seconds or so and try cupping in water with a small cup or tap the waster with your pole tip every minute or so for 15 seconds but never stop feeding for this liune set up 3 rigs 1 for on the bottom 1 for 2 feet deep and 1 fpor 12inches deep start on the bottom and move offf the bottom when you start to get liners fish meat on the hook

if you fish a rod fish willowgarth with the method towards the middle with fishmeal gb and pellet onthe hook and a small polefloat down the edge with pellet and paste

good luck

tommyturtle001

malmanfloatssink
The carp seem to have finnished doing the dirty now at woodland so you should be in for a good day, however ring up before hand and see how many matches are on as it does tend to get a bit crouded at the weekend

Bit-Basher

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alan Sotthorne bagged 137lb on Skylark (Woodlands) last Wednesday fishing under the surface with meat whilst loose feeding meat and castors [;)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
You woulnt get on partrige or skylark on a saturday as they'll be matches on. Your best bet will be the willow garth if you can get on it as all the pegs are good unlike cock phesant etc.. Im on reserve for the open on saturday so i maybe about+ might go for a few hours on the willow garth afterwards.

adam

sorry never noticed you said saturday fish willowgarth definatley

pole fishing any peg on this lake is good for pole fishing but if you can try getting a peg on the island feed 3 lines the 1st one will be in the margins were i would recommened putting in a big pot full of meat and pellet down the side and leave it until you see signs off fish ie bubbling or movement the 2nd line will be between 6 and 8 meters were the depth drops off feed pellets lightly hereabout 40 at the start and 10 after every bite through a kinder pot use 4 mm feed pellets and 6mm expanders or paste on the hook use something like a size 14 pr 21 for pellet and a size 12 nu hook for paste (they look strange but a great paste bagging hook )the 3rd line will be at 13 meters + up in the water feeding 6 caster and 2 pieces of meat every 20 seconds as close as possible to your float and fish punched meat on the hook for up in the water you will need two rigs one set at 12inches deep and the other at 12 inches both with around 6inches of line from pole tip to float if the conditions are still but you might need it longer if its windy but it is important to have the least line possible once you get them feeding properly up in the water they should pull the elastic out without the need to strike

if you fish with a rod you would be best of with 3 lines again one down the edge feed a good ammount of pellets at the start and leave it once again
the next line would be 15 to 20 meters out fishing shallow once again keep changing the depth between 12 inches and half depth to find where there feeding best but start of around 2 or 3 feet deep and feed the same as uyou would on the pole and the third will be on the method feed use a groundbait mix of a whole bag of ringers bag up mix with quarter of a bag of pv1 binder add plent of 4 mm pellets and meat fish double hair rigged meat or pellet on the hook i would expect to use the whole lot of groundbait if your catching well

good luck and let us know how you get on because i might be fishing that lake on sunday

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Moorlands having a problem i've heard most fish are poxed. Please remember to dip your nets on entering other places to prevent further problems else where..
Last i hear "Elmbridge" "willowmash" and other close venues have blocked clubs who has fished Moorlands due to the pox problem.

For some of my fishing photos visit my link.
http://www.barrie44.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fishpic.htm

zimmo

Zimmo
Thanks to all for the advice and which to choose, it looks like that I am going to go to Woodlands for my first time. Was persuaded from this site.

Any more tips let me know, I am off there tomorrow with mate. Cant miss me with me shaved bald head..... so come and say hellow if you are there. I am fishing willowgarth then I think, unless anymore advice...

Thanks again

Barry

favourite venue......

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
every one from teeside has a shaved head and theres always loads of them at woodlands!

mecca

Another smoggy
i fished woodlands lat week dragonfly peg 5 i fished waggler to the island with catmeat and a groundbait feeder red carp gb in between the islands the carp were shoaled up in the shade between the islands cos it was a hot day i caught all day i had 35 carp to 8lb 15 tench to 3lb and about 50 skimmers my best day ever at woodlands... this is the same peg the lake record was broken on a month or so ago until it was broken twice since then by alan scothorne maybe its worth a go if theres no match on hope the carp have stopped fornicating

zimmo

Zimmo
Hi all,

Well found out there are matches on all the match lakes. So I have the choice of Willogarth, cock pheasant, kingfisher or Silver Birch. I think I am going to see if I can get on Willogarth. So going to leave early.

I fish on the waggler and will be using cat meat which has been coated in fishmeal, so hope that is going to prove worthy, let me know if anyone has any tips fishing this method. Also on the feeder, I use fishmeal groundbait, with catmeat, or bacon grill as my hookbait on a hair rig. So again any tips let me know thanks.

Great site to get tips. So thanks again for all your help.

Zimmo

favourite venue......

adam

mecca has been a naughty boy read the rules and you ll find that the only meat allowed is luncheon meat CAT MEAT is banned so i wouldnt bother with it

tommyturtle001

malmanfloatssink
quote:Originally posted by gazmalman

every one from teeside has a shaved head and theres always loads of them at woodlands!

Cheeky B*****d
Anyway we dont shave our heads - the smog makes it fall out[:p][:p]

Bit-Basher

mecca

Another smoggy
cat meat has been banned at woodlands really!! i had no idea ive always used it there and the guy who collects the money has seen me using it oh well i like to live on the edge..i guess il have to try something else tut

zimmo

Zimmo
Hi all,

Well very frustrating day. Fished Willogarth, and lost quite a few fish. My rigs kept snapping on me, so have decided to make my own. I buy them korum ones and have proved to be very unreliable.

I have loads of silver fish, and got bored catching them, so went after the carp. Tried meat first but nothing, then moved on to sweetcorn which proved better. Had a carp of 8lb, a few around 2lb and another around 5lb. So was not too bad. Was a hot day, but the fish were not topping as much as I thought they would. Best bait here is paste, spoke to a few people and they were on paste and catching quite a few.

Will go there again, but will try another lake to see if any better.

Thanks for everyones advice.

Zimmo

favourite venue......

adam

next time try cock phesant lak i fished it on sunday and had 6 carp 2 tench on paste and some skimmers on pellet all in 3 hours

LEEHEAD

Hi to you all,
I am on either kestrel or partridge?i think,a week on sunday,can any one tell me about the type of paste they are using on there.ie..soft or hard,flavour etc..and any other info that may help!
i know you wont let me down(unlike my drawbag skills at the moment).
thanks in advance.
lee.

adam

i find the best pastye mix on woodlands is green swim stim mixed very soft using just lake water

as for tips well here it goes

kesrel

the lines i feed on this lake starting from the closest would be

1 down the edge right against the boards within 6 inches of them dump in a cup full of mm expanders pellets and leave this untill the last two hours and fish paste over the top use heavy gear about 0.16 line a size 12 hook and somethin like a 14 or 16 elastic

slightly to the other side (so you dont spook fish when netting)keep flicking casters out fishing top 3 to hand feed ing about ten every 2 minuets for ide of which this lake is full of and you can get 30 lb plus when they feed use something like 0.12 line a size 18 tubertini and double caster or worm hed on the hook and if the bites suddenly stop switch to pelle on the hook as the carp move in the fish maybe be quite small to start with but suddenly get bigger

3 would be pellet at around seven meters plumb the depth straight in front the slowly move to the side a bit at a time and the depth drops about an inchg this is were you should feed start off with around 50 pellets at the start and feed ten afetr every bite use rigs of about 0.14 line a size 14 hook and a .4 or.5 gram float and use 6 mm expanders on the hook feed 4 mm hard pellets

partridge

1 a margin line the same as kestrel

2 same as line 3 on kestrel

3 up in the water at 13-16 meters feed about 6 casters ans 2 or 3 bits of meat every 20 seconds use a small float with .14 line and a size 14 hook fish punched meat or pellet on the hook constantly lifting and dropping your rig and leave a small pole cup on the end of you pole to cup in water to attract the carp to the noise

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.