China virus

PAB

Site Supporter
Holidays abroad from the 17th May ??

What's your opinions on this should it get passed?

Myself personally, I think they're rushing into it to satisfy the tourism industry. We've got this far so why not continue for a while to see how things go and get far enough ahead of the virus for it to no longer be a serious threat to public health.
who will have use though?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
It never fails to amaze me at the number of people who feel like they haven't had a holiday unless it involved travelling abroad...

I know the UK weather can be a bit variable, but I am perfectly happy to holiday here and come back relaxed... unlike when foreign travel in involved which can put a compete dampener on the experience. Personally I'd like to see guidance along the lines of, "You can go on holiday to the following locations, but we'd really rather you not this year."

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently, only 46% of those who should have self isolated last year did so according to a report that came out a couple of months ago.
When faced with that sort and amount of disregard by people you've got to question any trust in humanity.
It appears the trend is to ignore the advice given, ignore isolation rules, and when it goes tits up, blame the government.

H T B

Site Supporter
Apparently, only 46% of those who should have self isolated last year did so according to a report that came out a couple of months ago.
When faced with that sort and amount of disregard by people you've got to question any trust in humanity.
It appears the trend is to ignore the advice given, ignore isolation rules, and when it goes tits up, blame the government.
What figures do the government work to?
If they think 30% will, then expectations are surpassed.
If anything over 50%, then they’re probably revising their numbers as we type.

we do have some ****s in this country, though 😡

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I heard the government were working on 60% compliance - even that shows the sad state some people of this country are

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In a lot of respects I thought it already had.
Plus it would be hard to maintain a 1m distance onboard the holiday planes

crackatoa

Site Supporter

I read somewhere recently that something like 1 in 25 UK Nationals returning recently from India have tested positive ? So it'd actually have been a surprise if none of the delegation had been infected. Given the level of infection over there, it would have been sensible for them to isolate rather than circulate. Crazy thing is, they’re not even part of the G7 and right now in the midst of their crisis we’re pushing the boat out to them waving them through customs ignoring the quarantine laws.
Then again that’s this Brexit government and its desperation for any sort of trade deal.

62tucker

Site Supporter
India on news again.
400,000 cases in a day
Government lying about deaths
Toilets overflowing in hospitals