China virus

62tucker

Site Supporter
Looks like it is.

Picture1.png
Where’s that information from.? Would like to check Israel as sure I heard on radio yesterday that they have closed all the covid wards and have no one in intensive care with covid.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Where’s that information from.? Would like to check Israel as sure I heard on radio yesterday that they have closed all the covid wards and have no one in intensive care with covid.
Type 'Covid deaths' into google, It should be there and allows drop downs for each country. Israel - Deaths 6,257, 24 hours +9

The data comes from here.

Realistically, I doubt if we will ever know the numbers. Some countries are obviously under reporting, or just don't have the means to find out the true numbers. And there doesn't seem to be a universal approach to what counts as a Covid death.

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
Here's another source of data :

Look at the number of tests that the countries have carried out per 1m population. Brazil and certain others don't have a clue what their infection rates etc are.

2ts

Site Supporter
Why have we ordered 470 million vaccines for a total population of 68 million ?

Tristar

Site Supporter
I heard today that 22,000 people come into the country a day by air, 8,000 people are "tourists". We can't go out of the country or have holidays in the UK but people can come over here?
One person from Peru wrote on his visa that his reason to visit is to see Big Ben. I would put the link on here but don't want to upset anyone as the there are a couple of swear words but its on YouTube by Alex Belfield.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
We didn't order enough of any one vaccine to cover the whole country with 2 doses, more of a gamble that 1 or 2 would get authorised, with one or 2 later. I've said all along we should have used our island status as a defence and closed our borders.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I heard today that 22,000 people come into the country a day by air, 8,000 people are "tourists". We can't go out of the country or have holidays in the UK but people can come over here?
One person from Peru wrote on his visa that his reason to visit is to see Big Ben. I would put the link on here but don't want to upset anyone as the there are a couple of swear words but its on YouTube by Alex Belfield.
I have seen a couple of videos posted on here before of Alex Belfield. He has a certain tone of voice and has one of those faces that I would never of poking in the eye every morning........ :eek:

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
India currently notching up 300,000 odd cases a day.

We need to get them red listed asap, especially with that different variant they have running riot.

Can't think why we haven't.
Britain’s Department for Transport said authorities were constantly reviewing the list.

“The decisions to add or remove countries from the red list are made in direct response to scientific and medical data, which represents an increased risk to UK public health and an increased risk of community transmission of Covid-19 variants of concern identified in those countries,” a spokeswoman said.

Me neither. But then again....

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
The chief medical advisor for NHS Test and Trace, Dr Susan Hopkins, said the UK did not have enough data yet to determine if India should be put on the list.

How much data do they need ??

The Runner

Site Supporter
Seems more than a bit odd that India hasn't been redlisted while Bangladesh and Pakistan with nowhere near the same number of cases or as rapid an increase were put on the list a couple of weeks ago.
Think the whole question of international arrivals is the only thing that we have consistently got wrong. I'm no fan of Boris or his party but their reaction to the whole pandemic has I think mostly been as good as can be hoped for in a rapidly evolving situation. OK, not as good as some , but better than a lot of others.