China virus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
lockdown.jpg

Simon R

Site Supporter
I wonder how large the spike in cases will be following this return to school.
It could scupper the rest of Boris's plans.
Most parents with school age children won't be vaccinated until late April (under-50s) so may still be passed the virus after little Johnny has spent a few days mingling with his school-chums.

I didn't realise - until I just saw it on the news - that the testing programme for secondary school pupils is to be carried out at home, by the pupils themselves. I would suspect there will be a significant number of kids who just won't bother sticking a swab down the back of their throat and instead file the test kit straight in the bin. There's, apparently, nothing the school can do about it.

Simon

62tucker

Site Supporter
I had pre operation covid test this morning so got to self isolate till operation on Thursday.
But not a great hardship in the big scheme of things.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Just spoke to a family friend who works on the buses in Leeds, they have lost 3 drivers to covid and all drove buses on the 42 route.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I've just been out for a socially-distanced walk. This was the M25 this afternoon (3pm approx).

1614096265254.png

By M25 standards this is quiet, but there is an awful lot of traffic, and, by definition, since it's on a motorway it's not staying local.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I walked passed the council tip yesterday and massive queue back to the sign. 1 hr wait from here.
Essential journey only. 🤷‍♂️

Reuben

Site Supporter
Well, Sturgeon has published the SNPs framework out of lockdown &, surprise surprise, it’s virtually the same as England’s with a few minor tweaks. She hasn’t got an original thought in her head but the SNP sheep up here are bleating happily with praise about her ‘vision’.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I walked passed the council tip yesterday and massive queue back to the sign. 1 hr wait from here.
I’m booked in for tomorrow morning 0930. If there’s a massive queue I’ll be driving past.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I've less of a problem with the tip, there's always stuff to be thrown away. At least it's outside, socially distanced (at least our is) and it's usually a local journey.

I just struggle when I see so many cars on the motorway, they cant all be essential, local journeys.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I’m booked in for tomorrow morning 0930. If there’s a massive queue I’ll be driving past.
No booking at ours. But doing odd and even number plates on different days.
Last time I was there the jobs worth at the gate asked how many bags of rubble I had. I said 8. He said 6 only. Tip 6 out and rejoin the queue. New rules to speed queue up. I sure tipping 2 extra bags out is quicker than rejoining queue.
Obviously I tipped all 8 out. Only cement bag size. Could of got all stuff in 4/5 bigger bags

62tucker

Site Supporter
I've less of a problem with the tip, there's always stuff to be thrown away. At least it's outside, socially distanced (at least our is) and it's usually a local journey.

I just struggle when I see so many cars on the motorway, they cant all be essential, local journeys.
Many be on the motorway to get to tip as only 1/4 mile away.
But understand what you say. Not many taking notice of the rule.
Mate I know. 77. 2 car trips every day to go for a walk.