China virus

Chervil

Site Supporter
First day out of Isolation today, so thought we would at least get out to the shops. The car battery hasn't been holding its charge, so I have been opening the garage door a few times a week and running it for half an hour.
The car is less than 3 years old, the dealer is aware and it is booked in.
Start the car up, move it out of the garage, let it run for a while and turn it off. 15 minutes later, I go out to the car. Nothing! just a lot of clicking relays.
6 hours later the RAC turn up. The battery is kaput. Interestingly, it seems that Nissan have been fitting the wrong spec batteries (I also had to have the battery changed on my last Qashqai).
Because the RAC was done through Nissan and it's a known problem, they are carrying batteries with them to save the dealerships time. 20 minutes later new battery fitted under warranty.
By then it was too late to do anything. So that was my first day out of isolation!

stikflote

Site Supporter
yes a friend had a Quashgai he was giing from Skegness to Darlington,
R AC came out said he needed new battery got the car running and told
Dave not to stop it till he got it to Darlington.
PS he did manage it

62tucker

Site Supporter
I made Nissans but only had each car for a year. But my mates cashcow ( workers name for them) battery failed in the summer holidays after 4 months. Battery’s are tiny to what they used to be. Obviously technology has improved.

bagpuss

Site Supporter
Daughter No2 tested positive again today this is just over six months since first testing positive. Not too worried as she only had very mild symptoms last time and is currently showing no symptoms but spoke to someone yesterday who knows of two people who have tested positive for a second time and both have been hospitalised yet weren’t on the first occasion.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I made Nissans but only had each car for a year. But my mates cashcow ( workers name for them) battery failed in the summer holidays after 4 months. Battery’s are tiny to what they used to be. Obviously technology has improved.
When I was plating in 2014 did not enjoy collecting the 2011/2061 plated qashqais, known for a turbo fault, I had three of them with a knackered turbo. In the end they all went by truck to the auction houses.

rudd

Site Supporter
Mines a 13 plate old model Tekna - battery is massive.
Original battery went last year - dead cell.
Halfords fitted me new one - on way home pulled over and removed about £20 worth of tools left on vents underfront window! 😯

rudd

Site Supporter
Daughter No2 tested positive again today this is just over six months since first testing positive. Not too worried as she only had very mild symptoms last time and is currently showing no symptoms but spoke to someone yesterday who knows of two people who have tested positive for a second time and both have been hospitalised yet weren’t on the first occasion.
May not have had it first time as the testing kits were not that great and gave false results.
Now I know a bloke who actually knows Tracey from facebook and she said.........😯

spudnudd

A chief rabbi condemns the huge wedding gatherings in the orthodox jewish community i know a guy thats been working in a mainly jewish area and he said he was astounded when they were coming out of the synagogue with no masks and hugging each like the virus did not exist. Goes to show no matter which government is in power parts of our population are the problem and thats across the board so many will not comply to rules and advice.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just heard a bloke I know 62 been took into hospital this morning. He tested positive last Monday and has had ambulance out 3 times and today he’s been took in. 🤞 he’s pulls through.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
To me that's just taking the pee and being totally disrespectful to those working to get us through this and those that have died from it.
I hope they throw the book at them

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
First day out of Isolation today, so thought we would at least get out to the shops. The car battery hasn't been holding its charge, so I have been opening the garage door a few times a week and running it for half an hour.
The car is less than 3 years old, the dealer is aware and it is booked in.
Start the car up, move it out of the garage, let it run for a while and turn it off. 15 minutes later, I go out to the car. Nothing! just a lot of clicking relays.
6 hours later the RAC turn up. The battery is kaput. Interestingly, it seems that Nissan have been fitting the wrong spec batteries (I also had to have the battery changed on my last Qashqai).
Because the RAC was done through Nissan and it's a known problem, they are carrying batteries with them to save the dealerships time. 20 minutes later new battery fitted under warranty.
By then it was too late to do anything. So that was my first day out of isolation!
apparently the best selling car under the motability scheme

but by god, aint they ugly

bagpuss

Site Supporter
May not have had it first time as the testing kits were not that great and gave false results.
Now I know a bloke who actually knows Tracey from facebook and she said.........😯
Maybe I didn’t have it as well then or the wife and one of my other daughters? 🤔

rudd

Site Supporter
Maybe I didn’t have it as well then or the wife and one of my other daughters? 🤔
Never questioned if you did / did not have it and hope you and your family are ok.

The face book dig was based on your "I spoke to somebody who knows" of comment fella.

Just glad the virus doesnt spread as fast as some of the drivel that gets put about out there.
Had enough of all the fake this and that being permanently put about tbh.

Stay safe.