China virus

baboboy

Site Supporter
No difference in traffic volume on the road on my commute in the mornings. If anything there are more!

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I drove to a nearby small town this morning, for some shopping, about 16km.
I saw one car on the way and three on the way back.
We are not in lockdown at the moment.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Wife’s been called back into the office. Two days a week. She works for the council, surely they know better. !!!!

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Wow. She kicked off about it and 10min ago received an email telling her to book in for the jab. Council power👍
daughter gets hers next week aswell. (Nhs staff)

Keith Sparky

I drove to a nearby small town this morning, for some shopping, about 16km.
I saw one car on the way and three on the way back.
We are not in lockdown at the moment.
Well if you stayed at home as well you would have no need to count the other cars on the roads......its hard not to justify our own journeys but others thats different ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Hugh Pym. Another Bbc journalists who’s voice just grinds and grinds on you.
When laura takes a brake we get Hugh. 🤯

spudnudd

WHO in China at last but they have to quarantine for 2 weeks then they have another 2 weeks to find origin of virus its only took a year and four months since it was first detected whats the odds on them finding it.?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Latest vaccination stats:

1610697404523.png

Target was 200K per day by today (15/1/20) so looks like things are starting to kick in.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
All the doctor and pharmacy staff all been jabbed this week 2 or 3 a day. Taxi up to hospital. Ran like clockwork. 100% uptake.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I think there's light at the end of the tunnel mate. This is a dangerous time though as complacency may set in.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Good news is good news mate, and hopefully all over 50s Vaccinated by mid March i think yer right Mr Spence.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
As everyday goes by and more get the vaccine I hope and pray ( and not religious) we continue a downward trend.
0.6. I find that hard to believe and headlines like that should be kept quiet in my eyes as all the tossers will be back out disobeying the rules.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't read too much into the latest case data, some changes may be impacted by behaviour over Xmas and New Year (less likely to go for a test during these times) so may be more a reflection of the holiday season kicking through. Let's have a little more data to be sure.

However the vaccination data is very good news. It will take some time for the process to bed in and the number of delivery points to scale up, but so far all signs are good. If we get another (J&J) vaccine approved soon that should help too on the supply side. We should have the logistics to get the vaccines to the point of delivery (the existing pharmaceutical supply chain is very good + other new channels) then there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do a lot more than 250K jabs a day.

As I've said before there are 11000+ retail pharmacies in the UK, 40,000 GPs out there and an awful lot of nurses - just using a proportion of these (not to mention other options) gives us great potential.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If it gives a bit of Hope to people who have had a Dark Cloud of Uncertainty over em for the last 9 - 10 month its a Start (y)