China virus

Total

Site Supporter
I can assure everyone that the vaccine is not a miracle cure for grumpiness - the missus had her jab this morning and came home from work in a right foul mood :(

She's blaming it on pressures at work but I'm sure a plastic doc on Youtube said it's a side effect of the jab

A shower, pj's and a decent meal inside her seems to have taken the edge off it though ;)
........And then packed her off for a night's kip in the BMW?.....FFS you've got allll the charm! :p:ROFLMAO:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I use my mask once and then it goes in the wash. I have 20 double layer masks and they are used in rotation, always carry 3 every time l go out.
I would like to see Boris make it law that everybody wears a mask or visor when they leave their homes and use the gel where available, go into 3 shops - use gel 3 times !
I gel in and out of everywhere i go and then wash when i get in lol

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Best wishes for your daughters speedy recovery. My daughter having caught meningitis at 15 months, expected to die following 5 days unconsciousness and no bodily functions, doctors asking me if she had been bapitised, she woke up. There were some after effects but she is now 35. Miricles do hapen, and I hope that they do in your case. Hold on.

Tristar

Site Supporter
Thank you for the kind words. I'm known for being calm and collected but bricking it. My ex keeps me upto date. The ex also has it. She works in a care home.

I like coming on here ss there is such a variety of topics and really nice people. A few minutes on here calms me down.

Thank you

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
It’s arrived at ours works now. 1st cases were September October while I was off. Now we have 2 new positives. 1 is a manager who attends the day’s production meeting with all department supervisors. Surely all the people in the meeting should go for testing?? they won’t , they are saying they had mask on but I’ve a feeling it’s because two week isolation is two week sick pay.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If they spent more than 15minutes in the same room as him, with or without a mask on, they should go for testing.
The government guidelines suggest that 1 in 3 people who have COVID-19 have no symptoms so who's not to say that they aren't walking around the departments spreading the virus?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
If they spent more than 15minutes in the same room as him, with or without a mask on, they should go for testing.
The government guidelines suggest that 1 in 3 people who have COVID-19 have no symptoms so who's not to say that they aren't walking around the departments spreading the virus?
And that was old variant.
Nurses at daughters ward been told try not to spend more than 3to4 minutes next to another nurse if possible. And that’s with full kit on. 🤷‍♂️

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
And most had covid and at least 1 jab.
But doesn’t stop them spreading it.
Gateshead not to bad atm 🤞. It stays that way

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I wonder how many of these have blown the lot, l remember one young guy wasted something like 10 million but l could be wrong on the amount.
Why did they increase the number of balls in the lotto, this made no sense to me in the slightest.
I maybe buy a ticket a couple of times a year.

Report it to your union rep
She doesn’t speak much English. Please don’t go there it’s another level🤯

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I use my mask once and then it goes in the wash. I have 20 double layer masks and they are used in rotation, always carry 3 every time l go out.
I would like to see Boris make it law that everybody wears a mask or visor when they leave their homes and use the gel where available, go into 3 shops - use gel 3 times !
I'm not quite so assiduous - as I'm using the mask to protect others, not myself - and I can't see how washing that frequently helps in that "protection of others".
However - I agree with you that we should ALL be wearing face coverings in indoors public spaces and more crowded outdoors.
Even if it only makes a 5% difference, then that marginal gain would save lives.
And from the post that Alsur shared it looks like a lot more than 5%!!